Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls

Deelady

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls (a.k.a. Crack Bread)

1 unsliced loaf of (round is preferable) sourdough bread
8-12 oz cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
3 oz bag Oscar Mayer Real Bacon bits
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp Ranch dressing mix

Using a sharp bread knife cut the bread going both directions. Do not cut through the bottom crust. Place slices of cheese in between cuts. Sprinkle bacon bits on bread, making sure to get in between cuts. Mix together butter and Ranch dressing mix. Pour over bread. Wrap in foil the entire loaf in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Unwrap. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

Recipe and photo from:

http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/07/cheddar-bacon-ranch-pulls.html

Attachments

• IMG_7940[1].jpg
    IMG_7940[1].jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 534

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
:w00t:

Holy Cow!!! That is a thing of beauty!! Simply amazing! I must try this!!! :clap: :thumb:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh, I have never seen anything like it - I am going to do this SOON. Thanks, Dee - and you are so busy today!

Deelady

You're welcome Karen and I wont be making that till tomorrow...will be going to a local bakey for fresh sour dough bread first thing in the morning! I hope mine turns out as pretty as hers did!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh my freaking word!!!

That's going in my file.

Thanks, Dee!! Good luck with your party today! Post pix if you have a chance to take any!

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
:w00t2: So, does EACH guest get one? Where did you say my invitation was?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That's my kind of bread, looks great! There's another variation called Blooming Onion Bread that looks good too.

Enjoy the party!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Geez, that DOES look great, CC!

You know this woman uses sliced cheese to stick into the cuts. I'd use shredded cheeses - be a lot easier.

Oh, a Bloomin' Nacho bread would be good, too! You could even use that liquid nacho cheese dip that comes in a jar, some ground beef, jalapenos, chopped tomatoes, black olives, onions ..... mmmmMMMM!

Lee

homecook

You really must try this!!! I made my own sourdough bread. And you need to make two of them right from the start. :shock:

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 387
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 420
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 401
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 389

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Barb, you did it!!!

Looks incredible!!

How come you need to make 2? Because people gobble it up so fast?

Lee

homecook

Oh I sure did!!! LOLOL

The recipe I used for the sourdough bread made two loaves, fortunately because I made one Saturday for my DD and SILs' b-day dinner and another one on Sunday for football food. :ohmy: It is just sooo good!

And yes it gets gobbled up as soon as it comes out of the oven!! It's definitely a must try and I'll be trying other variations next week...

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Truly, a beautiful job!

I will try it, too! This is the version I will try first!

Lee

Deelady

Looks Awesome Barb Im so glad you made it! Funny I almost bought a bread round today to make it!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Barb, I may be making this for the Pats game tonight.

Did you use a bag of bacon bits or did you cook regular bacon for it?

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I made this tonight, and went with the bag of bacon bits.

For cheese, I used a bag of shredded Mexican blend cheese and for seasoning, I used some garlic and herb powdered soup seasoning (those are the things I had on hand).

BIG hit!!!

This is a simple recipe, fast, and is definitely a keeper! Myfriends and I loved it, Dee!

DR (dear roommate) made sausages, peppers, mushrooms and onions to go with the bread.

Now, we just need a win for the Pats!

Lee

Attachments

• Bacon crack bread.JPG
    Bacon crack bread.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Sausage, peppers, mushrooms, onions.JPG
    Sausage, peppers, mushrooms, onions.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 158

lilylove

Making this to go with my clam chowder Thursday night! It looks sooooo good! (not at all good for you but...LOL..who cares??)