Cauilflower Soup

Johnny West

I just made this for tonight's dinner. The cauliflower was cooked for dinner last night but no one wanted it. I used cheddar and mozzarella.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cauliflower-soup

Ingredients-:

1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
1 medium carrot, shredded
1/4 cup chopped celery
2-1/2 cups water
2 teaspoons chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube (Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base Vegitarian)
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cups 2% milk
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional

Directions-:

In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese until melted. Add hot pepper sauce if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).

Attachments

• ########Soup.JPG
    ########Soup.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 134

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Geez, that looks and sounds great, John!

How'd you like it?

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Wow, looks great! I love the Superior Touch Better Than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base. It beats anything out of a can or box that I've ever used.

Johnny West

I'll have to look for that one.

I added an extra teaspoon of base, it was a little heavy, but no complaints.

There is a big head of cauliflower in the ice box and will do it again Saturday, anyway that's my plan.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Looks great. Wonder if bacon would be a nice touch with the cheddar cheese.

BTW I just purchased via Amazon Better Than Bouillon Ham base. It is wonderfully smoky and I added it to my split pea soup.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I made this last night with a few changes. I really like it.
Changes: I upped the amts of the carrots and the celery, used whole milk, used Velveeta, and added a dollop of sour cream

Looks fantastic! Recipe?

Johnny West

I should do this again but not tonight…. The wife is power cleaning the kitchen in anticipation of Thanksgiving. I’m doing the heavy lifting.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
That looks really good. We both like mashed cauliflower and i did a roasted vegan cauliflower recipe with harissa once that we both really liked. I'll probably give this a try and have bookmarked it.