Cast Iron

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
My son Ty has always been a fan of cast iron and cooking.
Yesterday while at their house he introduced me to his latest.
He recently got fajita pans, though they use them for steaks under the broiler when he's not smoking and grilling.
He bought the wok recently and said he really doesn't like it.
All are Lodge.

20210109_135834.jpg
20210109_135838.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Nice collection, he has just about everything there.

I got most of mine from mother. She could make the best fried chicken ever in her skillet. I do like the way it cooks. For some things, it's just too heavy for me.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Nice collection, he has just about everything there.

I got most of mine from mother. She could make the best fried chicken ever in her skillet. I do like the way it cooks. For some things, it's just too heavy for me.
That's the way he feels about the wok.
Too awkward, plus he said the heat distribution is off.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Ty might like one of those disc type woks that are so popular. Adillo put a pic of his on here a good while back, don't remember where he posted the pic.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Ty might like one of those disc type woks that are so popular. Adillo put a pic of his on here a good while back, don't remember where he posted the pic.
Yes, I know what you mean.

I believe they have an older deep wok with a wooden handle, but probably don't use it much.
Maybe I'll ask him to give it to me!
Lol

Shermie

Site Supporter
I don't have as much cast iron cookware as shown in the top pic, but I DO have a few pieces shown below. :)
cast-iron-skillet.jpg
Cast Iron Chicken Fryer..jpg
Cast Iron Dutch Oven..png
Small cast iron skillet..png

Last edited:

Johnny West

I have 20 or so pieces and was able to buy Griswold and Wagner for cheap at flea markets and garage sales. Several pieces and Dutch ovens were gifted to me. Right now a lot are hangin in the garage on nails and only have the griddle, oval Dutch oven, chicken fryer, and three skillets in the kitchen. I used to keep a stack on the old Viking stove but she nixed doing that when we got the new stove.
0195F796-EF97-4205-A1A3-233F89C3DCEA.jpeg

Shermie

Site Supporter
My son Ty has always been a fan of cast iron and cooking.
Yesterday while at their house he introduced me to his latest.
He recently got fajita pans, though they use them for steaks under the broiler when he's not smoking and grilling.
He bought the wok recently and said he really doesn't like it.
All are Lodge.

View attachment 40212View attachment 40213

Boy!! Cleaning all that would probably require a 2nd job, a weekend job or live-in help!!!!
I once had a cast iron wok just l9ike the one in the picture. But it was much too heavy to lift for tossing the food. I ended up getting THIS one.
Copper Wok with Steamer Insert..jpg