Camera dying?

mhend

I was taking some photos today and my camera kept locking up...would just freeze. Couldn't take a pic, couldn't turn it off, etc. Then the screen started getting little green pixels on it that kept growing until the entire thing was green. That can't be good right?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I would first try taking the batteries out or replacing the batteries. Lol--Your tv's and cameras do strange things :lol:.

mhend

No kidding, Cooksie. LOL!! I did try the batteries, but it's still happening. I am beginning to think I just shouldn't own any electronics. :)

buckytom

Grill Master
i searched a couple of techie sites but i didn't find anything about bad displays, or it locking up.
make sure it didn't get wet, and the batteries are charged and the battery contacts clean.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Try this. :yum::yum::yum::yum:

hammer1.jpg

buckytom

Grill Master
ok, the only thing i found is a problem reading the memory card causing lock ups. but that wouldn't explain the display.

i would put it in a sealed plastic bag with uncooked rice for a few days to try to remove any moisture.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
ok, the only thing i found is a problem reading the memory card causing lock ups. but that wouldn't explain the display.

i would put it in a sealed plastic bag with uncooked rice for a few days to try to remove any moisture.

I was actually thinking the same thing....that a memory card problem could cause a lockup. If you have a different memory card, try that. Otherwise, get all your stuff off of it and try formatting it.

mhend

I was actually thinking the same thing....that a memory card problem could cause a lockup. If you have a different memory card, try that. Otherwise, get all your stuff off of it and try formatting it.

Formatting it?:huh:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Formatting it?:huh:

I don’t know if your memory card will do it or not….but….

The memory card of your camera shows up as a drive when you plug it into the USB port of your PC. If you right-click on it, you will get the option to format it just like any other harddrive.

I've formatted my Sony memory cards, and several MP3 players.

It's worth a shot. But formatting a drive wipes it clean, so make sure you have all your stuff off of it first.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Are they disposable or rechargeable batteries? If they are disposable, have you replaced them. If they are rechargeable, they or the charger could be defective.

mhend

They are disposable. I changed them when I got back home with the camera, but it's still happening. I was able to get the pictures off though.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I have a Kodak Easy Share and it does exactly what you described when the batteries are bad. Maybe the replacement batteries were old? Or as BT said, the contacts need cleaning.

Try fresh batteries, and see if that helps.