Brussels Sprouts

Johnny West

My take on brussels sprouts like I got in Idaho. I made the sauce using course ground Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, Spanish vinegar, and olive oil. I fried bacon, added the sprouts and sauce. It’s all roasting in the oven at 350°F.

9FAAD148-76BD-4C21-A253-4AD532884229.jpeg
DFC8BD45-848C-421A-B161-E6A9189EDB6C.jpeg
6EF05CB3-9DB3-46C1-B8A8-864AA13CA26F.jpeg
1229D571-3F24-46E4-AD21-1734FA799601.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts​

4.44 from 217 votes
Cook ModePrevent your screen from going dark
The best crispy air fryer Brussels sprouts! Perfect for fast healthy sides. You can customize with garlic, Parmesan, maple syrup or balsamic.

PREP:10minutes mins
COOK:12minutes mins
TOTAL:22minutes mins

SERVINGS: 4 servings

Ingredients

1x2x3x​

FOR THE BRUSSELS SPROUTS:​

OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:​

• 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze or reduced balsamic vinegar
  • Drizzle pomegranate molasses
  • 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
  • 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Instructions

• Trim off the ends of the Brussel sprouts and remove any brown outer leaves. Cut them in half from stem to end. If any are very large, cut them into quarters from stem to end so that all the pieces are fairly similar in size and cook evenly.
  • OPTIONAL—This step makes sure the Brussels sprouts a little more tender in the middle; that said, if you don't mind a firmer sprout, you can skip it—I like my Brussels sprouts firm/tender inside and crispy outside, so I typically skip it—Place the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and cover with warm tap water. Let sit 10 minutes.
  • Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees, according to the manufacturer's instructions (for my air fryer, that's 3 minutes of preheating).
  • Drain the Brussels sprouts and with a towel, lightly pat dry. Wipe out the bowl you used for soaking, then add the Brussels sprouts back to it (if you didn't soak the sprouts, simply place them in a large mixing bowl). Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and black pepper. Toss to coat evenly, then add them to your fryer basket.
  • Cook the sprouts for 5 minutes, then slide out the basket and shake it to toss the Brussels sprouts to promote even cooking. Cook 5 additional minutes, then slide out the basket again. The Brussels sprouts should look like they are getting nice and crispy and are almost done (if not, let them cook a minute or so longer). Add the garlic cloves and toss to coat once more. Cook 2 to 4 additional minutes, checking and shaking the basket often, until the Brussels sprouts are deeply crisp.
  • If adding toppings, transfer the Brussels sprouts to a serving bowl (or wipe out the mixing bowl you previously used) and stir in any desired toppings. Enjoy hot.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Boy, that website must really not want people to copy and paste! But I persisted!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Boy, that website must really not want people to copy and paste! But I persisted!

Lee
Use CopyMeThat then copy the recipe and paste.

Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts {Fast & Crispy!}

wellplated.com

(picture was here)

Servings: 4
Ingredients
    • FOR THE BRUSSELS SPROUTS:
    • 1 pound Brussels sprouts
    • 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
    • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    • 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced (optional but delish!)
    • OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
    • 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze or reduced balsamic vinegar
    • Drizzle pomegranate molasses
    • 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
    • 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Steps
    • Trim off the ends of the Brussel sprouts and remove any brown outer leaves. Cut them in half from stem to end. If any are very large, cut them into quarters from stem to end so that all the pieces are fairly similar in size and cook evenly.
    • OPTIONAL—This step makes sure the Brussels sprouts a little more tender in the middle; that said, if you don't mind a firmer sprout, you can skip it—I like my Brussels sprouts firm/tender inside and crispy outside, so I typically skip it—Place the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and cover with warm tap water. Let sit 10 minutes.
    • Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees, according to the manufacturer's instructions (for my air fryer, that's 3 minutes of preheating).
    • Drain the Brussels sprouts and with a towel, lightly pat dry. Wipe out the bowl you used for soaking, then add the Brussels sprouts back to it (if you didn't soak the sprouts, simply place them in a large mixing bowl). Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and black pepper. Toss to coat evenly, then add them to your fryer basket.
    • Cook the sprouts for 5 minutes, then slide out the basket and shake it to toss the Brussels sprouts to promote even cooking. Cook 5 additional minutes, then slide out the basket again. The Brussels sprouts should look like they are getting nice and crispy and are almost done (if not, let them cook a minute or so longer). Add the garlic cloves and toss to coat once more. Cook 2 to 4 additional minutes, checking and shaking the basket often, until the Brussels sprouts are deeply crisp.
    • If adding toppings, transfer the Brussels sprouts to a serving bowl (or wipe out the mixing bowl you previously used) and stir in any desired toppings. Enjoy hot.
Notes
    • TO STORE: Refrigerate Brussels sprouts in an airtight storage container for up to 4 days.
    • TO REHEAT: Rewarm leftovers on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees F.
    • TO FREEZE: The Brussels sprouts will get mushy once thawed, so I don’t recommend freezing them. If you have lots leftover, you can freeze them in an airtight freezer-safe storage container for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
hello@copymethat.com