Beef Tenderloin

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We had beef tenderloin for Christmas dinner. Cooked as instructed in the video. It was SUPURB. Better than the prime rib we've had the past few years. So good.

For my own easier reference down the road I'm posting the video here also.
If you get a chance try it. So worth it. :D

Here is the beef tenderloin recipe.

Johnny West

I was gifted one from my friend Andy… crazy huge.

468F2401-3EA5-431B-A745-3450266474AA.jpeg
E6A4B838-481C-42C1-883C-FF054272B289.jpeg
C04338FB-CDE9-4284-8404-8C63533C37F9.jpeg

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Butcher shop said 4LBs was average. I said that's okay but we could do with a smaller one if they had it. So ours was just 2.5LBs. Perfect. Just 3 of us for dinner.

Yours looks to be over 4LBs. Mmmmm good.

Johnny West

Butcher shop said 4LBs was average. I said that's okay but we could do with a smaller one if they had it. So ours was just 2.5LBs. Perfect. Just 3 of us for dinner.

Yours looks to be over 4LBs. Mmmmm good.
I’ll cut it into one roast and the rest steaks and invite them for a roast dinner. It’s 5.05 pounds.

• Wow
Reactions: Doc

SilverSage

Resident Crone
That would be over $100 here. Is it about $20 a pound in your neck of the woods?
I bought a whole tenderloin for Christmas. I cut 4 filets out of the center, then cut the rest into meals and packaged for the freezer. The one I bought was already beautifully peeled, so there was no waste. It was $23 per pound at Costco. Unpeeld was cheaper, but I find I lose about 20% when I trim it, which actually makes it cheaper to pay more for the peeled one.

Plus, I don't have the time anymore.

Last edited:

Johnny West

He got this one at the McChord Field commissary and was about $16 a pound.

I’d not heard of the producer but from the sounds of it they sell bison and beef
all across the U.S.

Johnny West

….and my wife bought a choice rib roast for me to fix.
I want to do it on the Weber but it’s supposed to rain
all week.

• Sad