9-11 Remembered

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
This past Friday night I attended a school reunion (50 years) of my high school girl friend, Cindy Stenz Comer. In 50 years this is only the second time I had seen her. Her husband Ron was on the 100th floor of the World Trade Center when the first plane hit between the 93rd and 97 floors. Cindy is now living happily with one of her school classmates, Dan, and I had the pleasure of playing golf with him on Saturday.

Sadly - http://www.nytimes.com/library/national/met_MISSING_1106_comer.html

God help us all.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very moving Buzz. May we never ever Forget.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
As others have said, today, and over the last 13 years, I thought nothing would ever be the same in the world after that horror.

It has not been the same.

Lee

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I was in the city today in the morning. It was very strange. The we just not many prior in places that are crowded. Subway stations, walking the streets just around in general.

I was on a rooftop on 32nd st the day the towers fell. I will never forget. No Lee, things see not the same. Reuters ran a story this AM saying that NYC was finally back to normal. Hardly, I say. I was disappointed that our POTUS chose to remember 9/11 in Washington.

Sad day all around.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we played 2 sports tonite. respect was payed. i was sad, fought tears- God rest those souls of victims of that day & thier beloved families/friends., i cannot get why they went there-- innocent employees. kiddos. why.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thirteen years ago, this crowd in New York City watched in horror, shock & disbelieif, as the the deadliest act of terrorism on American soil was unfolding!! :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Just a few months before all that horror broke loose, I was on Flight 175, going to Los Angeles, to get a connecting flight to Las Vegas! I shuttered to think what would have happened then!! Wondering if those madmen were ever on that flight at that time, doing a dry run!! What if they hijacked the plane then?!! I could have been dead if they did!! :ohmy:

Attachments

• Crowd watches terror attacks on Twin Towers..png
    Crowd watches terror attacks on Twin Towers..png
    105.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited: