What's On The Plates Sunday August 25 - Saturday 31

Johnny West

IMG_1160.jpeg
IMG_1164.jpeg
Tonight was BLT’s with local tomatoes and Walla Walla sweet onions, local sweet corn, and deviled eggs.

IMG_1152.jpeg

Embryodad

Breakfast was an English toasted muffin with butter. Coffee, and then a trip to the cardiologist
for my follow up. Lunch for me, was a can of Pacific sardines in olive oil.
Tina's got a medium pot of chicken soup cooking on the stove. I can't jump with joy with soup; considering it's 93 outside. Luckily its 74 inside the house. I'll have a bowl of garden salad with my soup.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Breakfast was an English toasted muffin with butter. Coffee, and then a trip to the cardiologist
for my follow up. Lunch for me, was a can of Pacific sardines in olive oil.
Tina's got a medium pot of chicken soup cooking on the stove. I can't jump with joy with soup; considering it's 93 outside. Luckily its 74 inside the house. I'll have a bowl of garden salad with my soup.
You're like me Jimmy.
I don't care how hot it is outside, I'll still cook and even eat soup as long as it's cool inside, which it is.

Got the thermostat sat at 73.
Outside is another matter 🥵

Embryodad

I had a salad with romaine and tomatoes. My bread was at my limit for today; so no BLT on toast allowed for me. ( carbs control ). The saddest time happens in the fall just at the end of summer, when the tomatoes are at the END. Then came the three Hot house tomatoes in the cellophane plastic container. .... Dad would always comment, "These Hot House tomatoes are lousy!" Mom would say, "Close your eye's, and pretend they are delicious!!" 👅🍅

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had a salad with romaine and tomatoes. My bread was at my limit for today; so no BLT on toast allowed for me. ( carbs control ). The saddest time happens in the fall just at the end of summer, when the tomatoes are at the END. Then came the three Hot house tomatoes in the cellophane plastic container. .... Dad would always comment, "These Hot House tomatoes are lousy!" Mom would say, "Close your eye's, and pretend they are delicious!!" 👅🍅

Agreed. Try Kumato tomatoes, Jimmy, the brown ones. Better than the red ones out of season.

Lee