What Are We Eating 31 July - 6 August

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Fried chicken strips, mashed potatoes, corn, and Trader Joe's vegetable bird's nests.

fried_chicken_nests_080122_IMG_9879.jpg

Ironman

🍺
I was gonna make BLT’s but it’s just to hot. After working outside for 10 hours and her in the garden all afternoon, we just don’t feel like eating.

Tonight is leftover brats, heirloom tomatoes, Walla Walla sweet onions, and sweetcorn for me.
That reminds me, I wanna try corn ribs soon.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A DELICIOUS Sass-inspired meal! The fried chicken was excellent, but I haven't had a spinach salad in ages and I would have been happy with just that. I put the Lite Ranch dressing on the salad after the pic.

Thanks, Lora - Dad and I both loved this combo!

Lee

IMG_8152.JPG

Johnny West

I’m grilling burgers, the same sides apply again tonight.
I got fresh corn.
Well, that changed. We had a eye of round roast in the refrigerator and three pork sirloin roasts. Nancy cut some of the eye of round for massaman curry, a future meal, then ground the rest and one pork roast for meat loaf, so tonight we are having meat loaf. The pork roasts were $1.78 a pound and the beef was $2.79 a pound! I’m wondering how long these prices will last at WinCo?

Embryodad

Today was an O K day. The internet provider ( Comcast ) was here, and in 5 minutes, they had me up and running.
Tina made Kibbles and Bits over Noodles. It was good! she used 1/2 of a London Broil, and diced it small.
We had chocolate ice cream for dessert. One scoop for me.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think DD's are going to get me take-out from my favorite steakhouse for my birthday dinner. That will be nice. I haven't felt like cooking or eating much lately. I cook easy meals for DD and hub, then usually don't eat. :(

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last night was for me: grilled strip steak (it was rarer than it looks in the pic), grilled patty pan squash, and home grown tomato/burrata/homemade pesto salad.

For Dad: a dinner of appetizers - shrimp cocktail, stuffed clam with melted butter, and a couple of restaurant-made spanikopita that our neighbor gave us.

Lee

appys.JPG

Steak.JPG