my first post from my droid.

buckytom

Grill Master
hello folks.
this is my first post from my new phone.
hope to be able to post more pics of my eats.

wish me luck.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Kewl BT. :thumb:
I have the iPhone but I'm strongly considering switching to the Droid platform when my contract is up this summer.
Have either of you also experienced the iPhone so that you can compare pluses and minuses of the two? I'll have to check out that Droid forum ...I'm sure there is info there that would be pertinent to me.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I also have an iPhone, and have never loved it. I used to have a Blackberry before this. My contract is up this summer, and I don't know anything about the Droid.

Like Doc, I'd like to hear more about the comparisons before my contract is up.

Ronjohn

Add me to the "more info here, too" crowd please. Blackberry 8330 here, and while it's been a really good phone, after jumping out of the stone age to the blackberry, now I have the "I want a fancier phone again" bug and have been looking at the droid.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, BT! That post was so CLEAR!

Still doesn't fix lower case, though!

:wink:

Lee

FooD

It'll be a lot easier to navigate and post from a mobile device if this site had a mobile app. I've made a few posts from my Ipod.

FooD

Speaking of pictures there are many free photography apps you can download to your mobile device and do lots of creative things to your food photos.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It'll be a lot easier to navigate and post from a mobile device if this site had a mobile app. I've made a few posts from my Ipod.
Look in the drop down style selection for 'mobile2'. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
For those that asked for more Droid info.

I have a Droid for about 6 months and I am well satisfied with mine. I have the HTC Incredible. I only find two shortcomings with it. The first is that I cannot mark several messages in my inbox as read. I get a lot of e-mail and the ones that I keep on the Droid for reference, I mark read. I have to open each. It really doesn't take long. There is a mass delete for spam and things that I don't want at all. I can also set the Droid to remove from the mail server. If I keep on top of that my PC's don't see a lot of the spam when I check them. I understand that other Droids have the feature to make e-Mail read in mass.

The touch is very sensitive, but, you get used to it. I prefer not to have a physical keyboard.

Browsing is very fast. I sync my contacts / calendar and e-Mail between the Droid and my PCs. An appointment in one is almost instantly reflected in the other. The same for contacts.

Droids are now outselling the iPhone due to the number of companies making them. There is an app store that has a wide range of software available. I really do not know which has more. Frankly, there are way too many apps for both.

If anyone is on the fence and has specific questions, Please ask.

I have not tried to post a pix from my Droid, I do take a lot of them with though and really like the camera.

FooD

Look in the drop down style selection for 'mobile2'. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Ok, you've lost me there. I've got NCT bookmarked in my Ipod and the page format is identical to my PC. I can change it?

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm still learning how to post from this thing. i'll reply in full tonight.

so far the coolest app is skymap. you hold the phone up to the sky at night and it displays the names of the stars and planets that it's pointed towards and it draws the constellations. very very cool.

High Cheese

Saucier
I still have an outdated phone, but I just got an iPad so I don't have to lug around my old azz, heavy laptop when I'm home. It's not a replacement for a computer but it does 95% of what I use my laptop for and im adding music to it so it could replace my mp3 player which sits in my van. There's some neat stuff out there like the iRig so you can play a guitar through your iPad or iPhone.

buckytom

Grill Master
I still have an outdated phone, but I just got an iPad so I don't havie to lug around my old azz, heavy laptop when I'm home. It's not a replacement for a computer but it does 95% of what I use my laptop for and im adding music to it so it could replace my mp3 player which sits in my van. There's some neat stuff out there like the iRig so you can play a guitar through your iPad or iPhone.

so, if i get an ipad i'll be able to play guitar?

lol.

buckytom

Grill Master
doc HELP!!!!!!!

i set my display for nct mobile2 to be able to read from my new phone, but now i'm logged in on a computer and i can't figure out how to change back to default vb style.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
should be under your user cp, all the way at the bottom for display.

BT, I know you and I are men of good stature and big cuddly fellows, how are you finding the lack of a physical keyboard on the X?

I am up for a new phone, and after a decade of being on a blackberry I am thinking of making the jump. My only fear is the lack of a physical keyboard. I had a Storm for 2 weeks and got rid of it because the touch screen sucked! I am wondering if they have improved since then.

I like the size of the X and have really like fooling around with one, super sleek and SAXY!

buckytom

Grill Master
lol jon, i'm not gonna spoon no matter how many times you ask.

ok, maybe if it gets cold and the movie is scary. but that's it!

unfortunately, now that i'm in mobile2 "mode", my usercp is limited and i can't change back. grrrr.

on the phone, the soft keyboard the only drawback that i've seen so far, but i'm getting used to it. i've learned to turn the thing sideways to spread it out a bit for more accuracy.

my niece has one and had a terrible time trying to type with her fingernails until she attached a stylus (inkless pen) to her droid. it works well for her.

i used to have a 2-way pager with a physical qwerty keyboard that i liked a lot. my thumbs could blaze through typing a message, and i didn't have to change screens to access numbers and punctuation marks.

what i really don't like is that it keeps trying to capitalize letters for me. i need the e.e. cummings special edition droid x...

Last edited:

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
<p>lol jon, i'm not gonna spoon no matter how many times you ask.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ok, maybe if it gets cold and the movie is scary. but that's it! </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

unfortunately, now that i'm in mobile2 "mode", my usercp is limited and i can't change back. grrrr.

<p>on the phone, the soft keyboard the only drawback that i've seen so far, but i'm getting used to it. i've learned to turn the thing sideways to spread it out a bit for more accuracy. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>my niece has one and had a terrible time trying to type with her fingernails until she attached a stylus (inkless pen) to her droid. it works well for her.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i used to have a 2-way pager with a physical qwerty keyboard that i liked a lot. my thumbs could blaze through typing a message, and i didn't have to change screens to access numbers and punctuation marks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>what i really don't like is that it keeps trying to capitalize letters for me. i need the e.e. cummings special edition droid x...</p>

It did something with the output code, lol