Who uses Distilled Water?

Shermie

Site Supporter
Who uses distilled water for things like ice, cooking or for drinking? I use it to make ice, & now that I have a new Keurig coffee maker, I'll use it make coffee, hot chocolate & maybe for drinking as well. If you have it, what do you use it for? : :whistling:

Shermie

Site Supporter
A friend of mine had just bought THIS from Amazon. Since some stores in his neighborhood are out of distilled water, he became fed up trying to find some & bought THIS machine to do it at home. I went over to Whole Foods for some & found the shelf where it's on display empty. So I asked an employee if there was more. He went downstairs to look. When he came back, he had 3 jugs of it. I bought them all!! Told me that someone would be bringing th rest of it up for display on the shelf where it goes. I thanked him for doing that!! :whistling:
Water Distiller..jpg

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I use distilled water for my CPAP machine. I was told you shouldn't drink it by someone, I forget who. But the web link I found said no real harm but it's not the best for you.

Article Highlights below link

You can drink distilled water, but it does not contain the same minerals as tap water. It may also have a flatter taste and tends to pull minerals from whatever it touches, including plastic bottles.

Common uses for distilled water​

Because distilled water has been stripped of its minerals, it’s often used in cars and household appliances. Here are a few common uses:
  • steam irons
  • aquariums (mineral supplements should be added to the fish food)
  • watering plants
  • car cooling systems
  • laboratory experiments
  • certain medical devices, such as continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) devices for sleep apnea

Takeaway​

Distilled water isn’t likely to dramatically improve your health, but it probably won’t hurt it either. If you don’t mind the taste and you get enough minerals from a well-balanced diet, it’s fine to drink distilled.
You can also use distilled water around the house. Pour it in your iron or your car’s cooling system to prevent mineral buildup. Or, use it to water your plants or fill your aquarium.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I use distilled water for my CPAP machine. I was told you shouldn't drink it by someone, I forget who. But the web link I found said no real harm but it's not the best for you.

Article Highlights below link

You can drink distilled water, but it does not contain the same minerals as tap water. It may also have a flatter taste and tends to pull minerals from whatever it touches, including plastic bottles.

Common uses for distilled water​

Because distilled water has been stripped of its minerals, it’s often used in cars and household appliances. Here are a few common uses:
  • steam irons
  • aquariums (mineral supplements should be added to the fish food)
  • watering plants
  • car cooling systems
  • laboratory experiments
  • certain medical devices, such as continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) devices for sleep apnea

Takeaway​

Distilled water isn’t likely to dramatically improve your health, but it probably won’t hurt it either. If you don’t mind the taste and you get enough minerals from a well-balanced diet, it’s fine to drink distilled.
You can also use distilled water around the house. Pour it in your iron or your car’s cooling system to prevent mineral buildup. Or, use it to water your plants or fill your aquarium.
Great info, Doc!! I going to use it in my new Keurig coffee maker!! The bottom is removable to accommodate tall cups for coffee to go! :whistling:
Keurig K- Ecxpress Coffee Maker..jpg

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I would imagine that this whole-house water distiller would be ridiculously expensive!!!! :bolt:
whole-house water distiloler..jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Doc

Shermie

Site Supporter
Electric LKettle..jpg

In preparation for setting up the Keurig, I went to empty the electric water kettle & found out that it was beginning to grow mold inside!! I put some bleach in the water, washed it & rinsed it out really good. What in the world had caused that?!!!! I thought that just plain water doesn't spoil!! What gives?!!! Guess that I'll have to use distilled water in that also, next time?!! :bolt:

Johnny West

Nancy bought this water distiller awhile back and finally started using it last night. It has to run several cycles before we can use the distilled water in our CPAP.

9B465521-883B-4AA1-94C4-CA276E6A34EE.jpeg

kirai1

Bro, you're the King of Kitchen Toys? That's what I'm talking about! Distilled water, man, it's a game-changer. I totally feel you on using it for making ice. It's like those crystal-clear cubes turn your drinks into a work of art, right? And with that new Keurig coffee maker, you're gonna take your coffee game to a whole new level. The pure, clean taste of distilled water really enhances the flavors, whether it's a cup of joe or a comforting hot chocolate. And hey, if you wanna go all out and use it for drinking too, why not? You deserve the best, bro. Keep rocking those kitchen toys and exploring the limitless possibilities!

Rabid Raven

View attachment 57115I have one of these in the house that I clean. I personally would not drink out of it because the little coffe pods are putting micropastics in your coffee.

P.S. Use purified water if you are sick, put purified water in a big pot, and boil it. It is good if you are sick to breathe in moisture. Tap water makes the water, just, smell... weird.