What are you eating Sunday 2/11/2024 to Saturday 2/17/2024?

Johnny West

We snacked all day in the car. When we got home tonight we shared a pint of oyster's.

IMG_8318.jpeg

Jusa

It’s what I grew up on. I’ve lived here all my life 😂
I understand though, Buzz is from Illinois and Arizona….he’s not that crazy about it either but loves a good fried fish n chips!
I grew up on the Gulf of Mexico in the Florida panhandle. I grew up fishing, boating, and scuba diving. I could eat seafood every day! My best friend from high school who had lived in the same town as I did for nearly all of her life (moved there when she was 3 years old) can't stand seafood. One of my older sisters dislikes it so much that when she comes to visit, I don't cook it because she can't even stand the smell of it cooking. If she and I go to a restaurant, I won't order it because it freaks her out, LOL. I just can't even imagine how we were born to the same parents!

Jusa

I baked a sugar free carrot cake for my nephew's wife (she has gestational diabetes in her 7th month of pregnancy). I cheated and used a sugar free cake mix and sugar free icing. I added unsweetened coconut flakes, unsweetened pineapple, and shredded carrot to the cake mix (plus some chopped toasted pecans). It's a little dense but the flavor is pretty good! I whipped about 4 oz of cream cheese with the frosting and it tastes very nice. I made some tester cupcakes last night to find out.

After icing it, I topped the cake with more toasted pecans. It looks a mess because my decorating skills are non-existent. And, I can bake a great loaf of bread (thank you pandemic) but my baking skills are pretty much limited to box mixes (my mother was the baker and dessert master--I didn't get that gene, apparently).

1708281587755.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I baked a sugar free carrot cake for my nephew's wife (she has gestational diabetes in her 7th month of pregnancy). I cheated and used a sugar free cake mix and sugar free icing. I added unsweetened coconut flakes, unsweetened pineapple, and shredded carrot to the cake mix (plus some chopped toasted pecans). It's a little dense but the flavor is pretty good! I whipped about 4 oz of cream cheese with the frosting and it tastes very nice. I made some tester cupcakes last night to find out.

After icing it, I topped the cake with more toasted pecans. It looks a mess because my decorating skills are non-existent. And, I can bake a great loaf of bread (thank you pandemic) but my baking skills are pretty much limited to box mixes (my mother was the baker and dessert master--I didn't get that gene, apparently).

View attachment 64793

The cake looks great to me, Jusa - made with love and care!

Lee