Well hey, good lookin'. Watchya got cookin Sat 9/26?

GotGarlic

I had a delicious German potato and kielbasa soup while in Germany a couple of weeks ago, so I made it tonight for dinner. It was great! Recipe to follow for the Iron Chef challenge.

Attachments

• tasty-soup-pot.jpg
    tasty-soup-pot.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 89

chowhound

Nice breakfast, Peeps.
Very nice soup and the bread looks fantastic, RM. Super combo.

Here's my pork chop with bacon and diced potato gravy. And peas & corn.

Attachments

• pork chop, bacon gravy.jpg
    pork chop, bacon gravy.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 91

homecook

We're celebrating Heather and her hubbys' birthdays (his is Mon.).

It's his choice this year so chicken and beef enchiladas, yellow rice and salad. There will also be chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.

Here was our dinner.....

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 87

homecook

Thanks Fred!

If you split it up into two days it's not bad. I made the sauces, cooked the chicken and fried the ground meat last night. Then today I just combined everything, rolled em up and baked! It's well worth it.........there's only one left now because I gave my sil two for his lunch tomorrow. lol

High Cheese

Saucier
sounds great!

how were the snails and the lamb prepared?

The menu says "Escargots Traditionels, parsley, garlic, butter and puff pastry. Roasted rack of lamb in a dijon & white truffle sauce with polenta.

It's the 2nd time we've been there and love it. They did change the food a litle since last time like the lamb sauce and the salad dressing.

chowhound

Good idea, Barb. Maybe over two days my little kitchen could handle making those.

Great looking wings, Blues. Something near and dear to my heart (lol).

homecook

My kitchen isn't that big either Fred. I have no counter space so that's why I do it in two days. lol

Thanks Blues Man!!
I'm loving those wings!!

FooD

On Sat I drove a little further out than my local Costco to check out their new Costco Business Center warehouse which opened recently. This Costco mostly caters to business owners but it's open to all Costco members. It carries a lot of restaurant and office supplies. Besides meat, I picked up a few other items, including a metal pizza peel, some pizza screens, and some very cool stackable metal pizza dough containers.
I was surprised that it did not have a liquor dept.

So anyway, I picked up 3 slabs of beef back ribs among other items which I have never seen before at the regular Costco so I decided to try them. And they were only $1.65/lb.

I cooked them on the kettle last night. I was a little pressed for time so cooked them at a little higher temp and also foiled them the last hour. I thought they came out pretty good. I just rubbed them quickly with S&P, garlic & onion powders, and chili powder.

P1040155.jpg

P1040161.jpg

P1040162.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
RM's homemade clam chowder with rosemary/parmesan focaccia :)

pt27s.jpg
[/IMG]

I had a delicious German potato and kielbasa soup while in Germany a couple of weeks ago, so I made it tonight for dinner. It was great! Recipe to follow for the Iron Chef challenge.

Nice breakfast, Peeps.
Very nice soup and the bread looks fantastic, RM. Super combo.

Here's my pork chop with bacon and diced potato gravy. And peas & corn.

Here was our dinner.....

Grilled some Mojo wings tonight!

100_0810.jpg

On Sat I drove a little further out than my local Costco to check out their new Costco Business Center warehouse which opened recently. This Costco mostly caters to business owners but it's open to all Costco members. It carries a lot of restaurant and office supplies. Besides meat, I picked up a few other items, including a metal pizza peel, some pizza screens, and some very cool stackable metal pizza dough containers.
I was surprised that it did not have a liquor dept.

So anyway, I picked up 3 slabs of beef back ribs among other items which I have never seen before at the regular Costco so I decided to try them. And they were only $1.65/lb.

I cooked them on the kettle last night. I was a little pressed for time so cooked them at a little higher temp and also foiled them the last hour. I thought they came out pretty good. I just rubbed them quickly with S&P, garlic & onion powders, and chili powder.

P1040155.jpg

P1040161.jpg

P1040162.jpg
thank you!! we love breakfast for dinner and my mouth was sore from dental work so comfort food was what i wanted.

i have combined all these posts because i am overwhelmed by how wonderful these meals look!! soups, chops, ribs, wings, dogs and enchiladas!!

i would love to try some of everything.

chow how did you cook that chop? and bacon and potato gravy? recipe or ingredients please.

all i can say is YUMMY everyone just wonderful!!

did you post the beef enchilada recipe barb?

i would love to copy all these recipes for later use if they have been posted.

thank all for a feast for the eyes and i now need a napkin because i am drooling!!

homecook

thank you!! we love breakfast for dinner and my mouth was sore from dental work so comfort food was what i wanted.

i have combined all these posts because i am overwhelmed by how wonderful these meals look!! soups, chops, ribs, wings, dogs and enchiladas!!

i would love to try some of everything.

chow how did you cook that chop? and bacon and potato gravy? recipe or ingredients please.

all i can say is YUMMY everyone just wonderful!!

did you post the beef enchilada recipe barb?

i would love to copy all these recipes for later use if they have been posted.

thank all for a feast for the eyes and i now need a napkin because i am drooling!!

I don't think I have yet Peeps. I'll try to get to it soon. Thanks!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
It seems to be quite simple - I was going to have a go at some on Monday - give my boys something different.

chowhound

Thanks, Peeps. Here's the gist of things. http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7911

The chops though..... lol. That got a little more involved than need be.
I started by searing them in the pan, but they were pretty big and didn't disn't sear as expected. They were barely sitting flat in the 10" skillet and the heat was a little low, but I wanted to pick up some fond from them for the gravy (this time) and stuck it out. Then I put them in a baking dish with just a little chicken broth and tossed them in the oven with a lid. I was determined not to pull out another frying pan.
Well of course, with no breading, not seared properly... they didn't look very appetizing 30 minutes later, so I fired up the gas grill and gave them some proper color. I poured the liquids from the baking pan into my gravy :smile:
I call this the Sear-Oven-Grill method, or SOG. I hope to never have to use this method again, as it was a real sonofagun :yum:

chowhound

I don't think I have yet Peeps. I'll try to get to it soon. Thanks!

Didn't you? I thought you had, or maybe you just PMed me the recipe. It didn't have the ste by step pics though.
I'm printing this one out as soon as I get a new color cartridge.

And just to say, the leftover trimmings on the torts would be perfect for BM's soup.

suziquzie

Well, we made it back from cruising Amish country in the nonstop rain. It's 59 F so DW suggested we just have soup and a sammie for din-din. Thawed out the last of the Italian Wedding Soup and making corned beef sammies with fresh Middlefield Baby Swiss cheese.

Here's my best catch of the day. 50# of my favorite flour for just $19. Can't touch it for near that price at the local Giant Eagle. This should hold me over into the holidays.:clap:

P1020122.jpg

GOOD LORD can you say wheat prices have dropped????

One would think bagel prices would go down..... however not at cheapa.... oops I mean big apple bagel........ :huh::sorry:

better late than never to post? DH invited a guy from work to come up fro some burgers, beer, dinner..... it ended up half a family reunion PLUS said friend and husband...... burgers, dogs, chili dogs, beans, potato salad, chips n dip o'rama, LOTS of dessert....

I wish I could have an NCT fire pit party :):heart::)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks, Peeps. Here's the gist of things. http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7911

The chops though..... lol. That got a little more involved than need be.
I started by searing them in the pan, but they were pretty big and didn't disn't sear as expected. They were barely sitting flat in the 10" skillet and the heat was a little low, but I wanted to pick up some fond from them for the gravy (this time) and stuck it out. Then I put them in a baking dish with just a little chicken broth and tossed them in the oven with a lid. I was determined not to pull out another frying pan.
Well of course, with no breading, not seared properly... they didn't look very appetizing 30 minutes later, so I fired up the gas grill and gave them some proper color. I poured the liquids from the baking pan into my gravy :smile:
I call this the Sear-Oven-Grill method, or SOG. I hope to never have to use this method again, as it was a real sonofagun :yum:
thanks for the link that looks yummy!! the without flash was funny!! i hope you don't cook by feel :huh: that can get painful.

seriously they look so good thank you.

chowhound

Sometimes I do a without flash when grilling just to show that the grill was really lit ;^) Flash pics looks so harsh sometimes.
Give it a whirl. Let me know what you think.

homecook

Didn't you? I thought you had, or maybe you just PMed me the recipe. It didn't have the ste by step pics though.
I'm printing this one out as soon as I get a new color cartridge.

And just to say, the leftover trimmings on the torts would be perfect for BM's soup.

I posted the recipe for the chicken enchiladas but not the beef. It's just a little bit different. I'll try to get it up tonight.
You're right about the trimmings. You would notice that. :wink: I did save them, now I just may try his soup and use them there.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I posted the recipe for the chicken enchiladas but not the beef. It's just a little bit different. I'll try to get it up tonight.
You're right about the trimmings. You would notice that. :wink: I did save them, now I just may try his soup and use them there.
what about cutting the trimmings into skinny strips and tossing in some red food dye then toast in low oven till crisp. then top nachos or taco salad with them. sorta like a mexican version of the chinese noodles.

i can't wait for the recipe for the enchiladas barb.