The "Breakfast" thread

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Mmmm! looks good Mama!

attachment.php

Embryodad

I made egg omlets with chopped ham / onions / taters fried and as a filling...a slice of cheese, and Mommy and I were Happy Campers.

Very rare that we eat cokked breakfasts. She (mommy) is a oatmeal liker. I only eat it Not Cooked and with cold milk and raisins. Or Plain.

Usually on Sunday, I will cook us a breakfast. ORrrrrr If it's snowing and icing out...that is an invitation to make breakfast.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
[/B][/COLOR]

They are that.... they are what DD says,"Daaaaad...don't give her more than 5 or she will wind up with a fat furry @$$......

I checked and they are 2 calories per crunchie...but I guess that equates to 20 for a huMan.. LOL...

Yeah..get along would be a def. She has a lot of loving funny happy freinds... As long as she is happy, is all I care.:thankyou:

my own 2 get a 'lil loopy post-temptations from the green bag, via i think catnip. lol

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
fruit & some juice here, may pour a glass of milk, too. & this cracker jack on my desk that Mom put there could make for an after-brekkie snack!

Norm

Here today's breakfast and is my usual on weekdays. A plain (with a tiny touch of cheese melted inside) omelet, toast, sausage, coffee, OJ and a little jam. For years I made a poached egg then I saw an old show with Julia making an omelet and tried it and have been having it for several months now.

DSCF3100.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Here today's breakfast and is my usual on weekdays. A plain (with a tiny touch of cheese melted inside) omelet, toast, sausage, coffee, OJ and a little jam. For years I made a poached egg then I saw an old show with Julia making an omelet and tried it and have been having it for several months now.

DSCF3100.jpg
That looks great Norm. Is that Julia's shaken omelet?

Norm

Her omelet was shaken and i did shake it but I also stirred it with a fork while shaking it. I also added some processed cheese to make it creamier.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Her omelet was shaken and i did shake it but I also stirred it with a fork while shaking it. I also added some processed cheese to make it creamier.
It looks light (fluffy) and buttery. And NOT brown. I hate brown eggs. Did you use a non stick pan? I wish I that one right now.

Embryodad

It looks light (fluffy) and buttery. And NOT brown. I hate brown eggs. Did you use a non stick pan? I wish I that one right now.

OMG Nice eggies Norm..... Cheese in the eggs is awesome. "T" does them that way.

peep...Ha Ha Ha ...Tina will not eat a egg that is browned.
She hates when I make the omelet, and I burn the bottom or the edges. LOL

Now me.....I like over medium eggs fried in the butter that has browned a bit...and the edges are crispy and have that edge brown on them.....hahahahahahahaha

Leni

Breakfast today was a frittata, eggs cheese and ham. It's only my second one and it came out very nice.

Embryodad

peep...ever have the eggs cooked in the red tomato sauce / gravy??

Went to a friends house (wife from Naples) and she made the fried eggs scrambled with bread crumbs in the eggs and cheese...like looking like potato pancakes sort of.
Then she Cooked them in sauce that was simmering with steak like Steak Pizaiole..

OMG those eggs were so good!

My Gram used to cook a little in the sauce from when she was finished breading whatever, and there was the flour egg and breadcrumbs left over...She would mix and fry it, and throw it in the sauce. Yummm! We would fight for it!

It wouldn't normally be a breakfast thing. Italians didn't really eat breakfast like we know it today. Basically..my grandfather would have a bowl of what was called "Soupa"...it was bread cubes torn, and covered with coffee and milk..
He had that every morning. Gram would just have a hard dry biscotti that would break a tooth if eaten dry. Had to dunk those rock like biscuits. Ha Ha Ha Ha

Norm

I use a 9-inch non stick skillet with butter. My son likes eggs well done to the point of being dry and even browned on the bottom. I like mine creamy.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Went to a friends house (wife from Naples) and she made the fried eggs scrambled with bread crumbs in the eggs and cheese...like looking like potato pancakes sort of.
Then she Cooked them in sauce that was simmering with steak like Steak Pizaiole..

My Gram used to cook a little in the sauce from when she was finished breading whatever, and there was the flour egg and breadcrumbs left over...She would mix and fry it, and throw it in the sauce. Yummm! We would fight for it!

It wouldn't normally be a breakfast thing. Italians didn't really eat breakfast like we know it today. Basically..my grandfather would have a bowl of what was called "Soupa"...it was bread cubes torn, and covered with coffee and milk..
He had that every morning. Gram would just have a hard dry biscotti that would break a tooth if eaten dry. Had to dunk those rock like biscuits. Ha Ha Ha Ha
Mom used to poach eggs in gravy (red sauce) all the time. I never paid attention to how she did it. The first and last time I tried it I was 17 and just out of her house. I wound up with thick, lumpy sauce!! LOL I scrambled the eggs into the sauce IT WAS NASTY!! I never tried again.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Mom would buy hard black pepper biscotti at the Italian bakery (Focchini's Bakery on Lodi St. in So. Hack) and she would put butter on it sometimes (it sounded like we were crunching rocks!!) it was so good!! But mostly the great-aunts and great-uncles dipped theirs in espresso to soften and eat them that way. And that was breakfast. I can't find black pepper biscotti any more. I keep saying I am going to make my own. Homemade Italian bread with LOTS of black pepper baked then loaf cut into thick slices and then twice baked like anisette toast? What do you think?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I use a 9-inch non stick skillet with butter. My son likes eggs well done to the point of being dry and even browned on the bottom. I like mine creamy.
I like mine the same way you do Norm. The flavor is much different after browning and the proteins are changed in some way when brown.

Embryodad

Mom would buy hard black pepper biscotti at the Italian bakery (Focchini's Bakery on Lodi St. in So. Hack) and she would put butter on it sometimes (it sounded like we were crunching rocks!!) it was so good!! But mostly the great-aunts and great-uncles dipped theirs in espresso to soften and eat them that way. And that was breakfast. I can't find black pepper biscotti any more. I keep saying I am going to make my own. Homemade Italian bread with LOTS of black pepper baked then loaf cut into thick slices and then twice baked like anisette toast? What do you think?[/QUOTE]

What do I think??? No..it's what does Jimmy Love!!
B L A C K P E P P E R ..... L O T S .......
Peep....I make my coffee, and no sugar...just milk or lightener, and I grind black pepper in while it is hot. OMG what a flavor, and I don't like flavored coffee. ( Except a shot of anisette ).
Tina gets me the Italian Black Pepper Cookies at a bakery in Moosic, PA. .... they are awesome. I love them. They have a small amount of raisins in them too. I like raisins! What I like, is the cookie is really dark brown. Yum!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Mom would buy hard black pepper biscotti at the Italian bakery (Focchini's Bakery on Lodi St. in So. Hack) and she would put butter on it sometimes (it sounded like we were crunching rocks!!) it was so good!! But mostly the great-aunts and great-uncles dipped theirs in espresso to soften and eat them that way. And that was breakfast. I can't find black pepper biscotti any more. I keep saying I am going to make my own. Homemade Italian bread with LOTS of black pepper baked then loaf cut into thick slices and then twice baked like anisette toast? What do you think?[/QUOTE]

What do I think??? No..it's what does Jimmy Love!!
B L A C K P E P P E R ..... L O T S .......
Peep....I make my coffee, and no sugar...just milk or lightener, and I grind black pepper in while it is hot. OMG what a flavor, and I don't like flavored coffee. ( Except a shot of anisette ).
Tina gets me the Italian Black Pepper Cookies at a bakery in Moosic, PA. .... they are awesome. I love them. They have a small amount of raisins in them too. I like raisins! What I like, is the cookie is really dark brown. Yum!
LOL Jimmy. I meant do you think that is a good way to make homemade black pepper biscotti? LOL

abi_csi

I love fried breakfasts, croissants and all things slightly chocolatey for breakfast, but I've been pretty good at keeping up with my healthy breakfast routine of coconut yogurt, bananas and berries, nuts and honey. I know it sounds a bit too healthy but it's amazing.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Busy...busy day today. DD and SIL have been finding some great deals on Craigslist lately. They found one not far from my house so they came by to visit and naturally I made them breakfast :wink: Blueberry Pancakes with mixed berry topping, bacon, scrambled eggs and hash browns.

Attachments

• breakfast07182011-1.jpg
    breakfast07182011-1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh my goodness - what lucky people. If I were in Atlanta, I'd be very tempted to come and visit at breakfast time, myself! Looks delicious, Mama!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Karen, you can visit me at anytime and I'll make you whatever you want :flowers:.

BTW....how was Jerry's Birthday? Did he eat the whole pie in one sitting? I've seen your Mango Pies and I know I would have....it would be tuff to share...:wink:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Jerry had a great birthday, but we had a few pieces left...we also had home made vanilla ice cream, which he loves. Good friends, good food, lots of laughs...who can ask for more? Thanks for asking!

Guts

This looks really good Guts... Is the green chorizo spicy?

Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php

no not at all. In fact, this is the authentic green chorizo and also has almonds inside well pieces of almonds. It is quite tasty and I cherish every time I receive some as it doesn't come around that often. Coming from deep in Mexico below Mexico City. It has to be flown in. I was just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time twice now.