What's For Eats November 15th - 21st

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Friday Comfort ...........
a Sam's Club Big Dog, Grilled, on a bed of Fried Onions & Peppers, with Air Fries, Harvard Beets, and Cole Slaw...

Hot Digs & French Fries.JPG

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Feel better soon Peeps. :)

everyone dinner looks pretty darn good! I am making cheeseburgers on the Weber and smoking squash.

View attachment 39364

Optical illusion! Who can see it?

The first two times I saw this photo, I wanted to ask Ironman what he mounded in the hollows of his squash. The third time I saw the photo, I saw that the hollows were empty! When I tried to save the photo to my laptop, I could not see the convex mounds.

Now I have to stare at the squash to see the middles mounded.

LOL! Cool!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

The first two times I saw this photo, I wanted to ask Ironman what he mounded in the hollows of his squash. The third time I saw the photo, I saw that the hollows were empty! When I tried to save the photo to my laptop, I could not see the convex mounds.

LOL! Cool!

Lee
I saw scooped out centers of the squash.

Ironman

🍺

LOL! Cool!

Lee
I was smoking w/ magic pellets ;) :mrgreen:
They empty, no seeds. I flipped them after that.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
No clue yet. After shopping, I'll decide. I will hopefully finish my Thanksgiving Day shopping, so I can start prepping tomorrow. Who knows what the meals will be till Thanksgiving Day.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Still not sure what dinner will be. My joints are screaming from the arthritis. I have all the prep for the holiday coming up. I really don't feel like cooking dinners. I want to make soup but maybe that will be tomorrow. DD can make spaghetti or order something tonight.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I kinda winged it. Sautéed some scallops, then made a Thai red curry with garlic, ginger, coconut milk, scallions, Thai spice, and red curry paste. Served it all over jasmine rice, cooked with a bit of Penzy's Bangkok seasoning. Garnished with cilantro and fresh lime wedges. Judy told me to write it down in my recipe file because she could eat it again and again.

20201121_193512.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks beautiful, Kathy! Is the Bangkok seasoning spicy? Penzy's store is the next town over and I love to shop there.

Dad is visiting for Thanksgiving week, so I took a trip to the wonderful German store to get the VERY BEST Knockwurst I've ever had! They made all their sausages and smoked meats there. I picked up a bag of dried spaetzle (I'd never had it) and I made a delicious red cabbage side and some pickled red onions.

Dad did not care for the spaetzle, said it was too heavy for him. I was delighted with it! Only had a little, but I could have eaten the whole pot of it! Will give the rest away to neighbors.

Lee

Knockwurst, red cabbage, spaetzle.JPG

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Its not spicy at all. Its a very warm flavor.

I'd love to find good German sasages like that. Your dinner reminds me of the German month we all did here a few years ago. It looks wonderful.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Spaghetti again last night. DD didn't really want to cook but I was not up to it.