What's for Dinner, Monday, Jan. 18th?

GotGarlic

Heh, I love to make long-cooking dishes on a day off!

I spent an hour this morning chopping up 4 pounds of pork shoulder, 3 onions, 2 green bell peppers and 2 huge cloves of garlic for this afternoon's pork chile verde. I have two jalapenos and 1/3 cup of already roasted, peeled and chopped Anaheim peppers from last summer's harvest thawing on the counter to go in, too. I still need to get tomatillos (forgot them at the store yesterday!), so I might pick up some flour tortillas and Jack cheese and make enchiladas with it. I'm also making a side dish of Rachael Ray's Mexican Oven Zucchini Fries.

K

Kimchee

Burgers!

We are going to dinner at the house of a co-worker with my wife.
This woman, by her own admission, eats like a 5 year old.
No vegetables aside from mashed potatoes; some meats; mac and cheese.
Says her burgers are always just meat and bun, so keep your fingers crossed
that I get at least some mustard, LOLOL!

Deelady

Burgers!

We are going to dinner at the house of a co-worker with my wife.
This woman, by her own admission, eats like a 5 year old.
No vegetables aside from mashed potatoes; some meats; mac and cheese.
Says her burgers are always just meat and bun, so keep your fingers crossed
that I get at least some mustard, LOLOL!

Maybe you'll get to eat your desert before your dinner!!! :wink:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
We're having the whole wheat pasta with mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes that I never got around to making yesterday.

K

Kimchee

Update... it's tacos, not burgers, and just for us tomatoes, cheese and lettuce is being provided. Guess I can live without onions, LOLOL!
And cake. Can't go wrong with cake.

RoadKing

Pulled out the crock pot, put in a piece of chuck, sliced up some potatoes, carrots, celery, onions and a red pepper. I rubbed the meat with Autin's cajun spice and added a couple of sliced apples.

I'm not sure what I'll end up with but it should be good.

Now if I can talk my wife into stopping at the bakery for a fresh baked bread that will be a plus.:chef:

suziquzie

Update... it's tacos, not burgers, and just for us tomatoes, cheese and lettuce is being provided. Guess I can live without onions, LOLOL!
And cake. Can't go wrong with cake.

hehe smuggle in an onion :D

Landed on spaghetti w/ the sauce and sausage I made last week.

I LOVE MY BIG FREEZER!!!!! :bounce:

AllenOK

Well, my chicken bit the dust. So I'm going to have to change my plans. Spaghetti sounds good, as it's easy to make.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
My ribs are rubbed and in the oven. My BBQ sauce is simmering and my baked beans are in the oven also.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We're having beef stroganoff. Going to make it with strip steak......a little splurge.

vyapti

Work is eating me alive. I'll put some potatoes in the oven and serve it with some broccoli and fried mushrooms/onions, maybe some chili as well. I did find time to make some pumpkin/lentil soup for lunches this week. It turned out really really good.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oven BBQ ribs dry rubbed and homemade BBQ sauce, doctored canned baked beans. I didn't put them under the broiler. So tender the bones fell out.

Rubbed ribs ready for the 1 - 1/2 hours in the oven

ribs_beans_011810_1_P1050205.JPG

After saucing and 1/2 hour in the oven

ribs_beans_011810_2_P1050215.JPG

ribs_beans_011810_3_P1050216.JPG

With baked beans on the way to my tummy!!

ribs_beans_011810_4_P1050222.JPG

ribs_beans_011810_5_P1050221.JPG

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm also making a side dish of Rachael Ray's Mexican Oven Zucchini Fries.

GG, I hope you think to take a photo of these!

The photos on the Food Network site are one thing, but the home-cook's photos are the REAL thing!

Lee

Blues Man

It was a little warmer (29 F) here in Northern Indiana today. Fired up the grill and did a whole salmon fillet. Added a spinch salad with warm bacon dressing, mashed potatoes and a spicy soy/honey sauce.

Blues Man

Nice looking ribs Peep. What type of sauce? Vinegar, sweet, spicy????
I doctor up the canned beans too. Bush's Pit Beans with Blues Hog BBQ sauce and light brown sugar.

Oven BBQ ribs with dry rubbed and homemade BBQ sauce, doctored canned baked beans. I didn't put them under the broiler. So tender the bones fell out.

Rubbed ribs ready for the 1 - 1/2 hours in the oven

ribs_beans_011810_1_P1050205.JPG

After saucing and 1/2 hour in the oven

ribs_beans_011810_2_P1050215.JPG

ribs_beans_011810_3_P1050216.JPG

With baked beans on the way to my tummy!!

ribs_beans_011810_4_P1050222.JPG

ribs_beans_011810_5_P1050221.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Nice looking ribs Peep. What type of sauce? Vinegar, sweet, spicy????
I doctor up the canned beans too. Bush's Pit Beans with Blues Hog BBQ sauce and light brown sugar.
thank you blues. i made my own sauce - sweet and hot. there is white vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, cayenne, bacon, onion and some other stuff spices and herbs. i just did a little of this a little of that.

Blues Man

Oh Baby - Sweet and Hot! I like it!

thank you blues. i made my own sauce - sweet and hot. there is white vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, cayenne, bacon, onion and some other stuff spices and herbs. i just did a little of this a little of that.

suziquzie

Heh, I love to make long-cooking dishes on a day off!

I spent an hour this morning chopping up 4 pounds of pork shoulder, 3 onions, 2 green bell peppers and 2 huge cloves of garlic for this afternoon's pork chile verde. I have two jalapenos and 1/3 cup of already roasted, peeled and chopped Anaheim peppers from last summer's harvest thawing on the counter to go in, too. I still need to get tomatillos (forgot them at the store yesterday!), so I might pick up some flour tortillas and Jack cheese and make enchiladas with it. I'm also making a side dish of Rachael Ray's Mexican Oven Zucchini Fries.

GG!! That chile sounds incredible! Do you have a recipe somewhere?

Lefty

Yank
We ended up having some roasted potatoes with onion, peppers and garlic, with oven roasted hot dogs. (Using up some leftovers)