What's cooking Sunday5/26- Saturday 6/1?

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Got a smoked ham hock and 2 smoked loin ends in the slow cooker. Will add some taters in an hour and about 1 hour before we eat will add the green beans.:mrgreen:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We're having hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill with homemade buns. Sides are potato salad, corn on the cob, baked beans and banana pudding for dessert if there's room :lol:

Embryodad

MountainMan... Ham Hocks sounds great!..Ummm!

Mama... I just ate my macaroni's and your hamburgers and hot dogs is making me hungry again.

I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow. I Will ... Have ...My Share!

Nice dinner!

Tina cooked me this and with hot peppers, I was in heaven!

Mushrooms and Tomatoes. I had two plates of them.

rotelliandtomatoes003.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Dinner tonight was Prime sirloin steak (baked at 275°F to 110° internal temp then broiled to brown), steamed fresh corn on the cob and steamed fresh baby spinach

052613_prime_sirloin_spinach_corn_P1090838.jpg

I have my mac salad made and veggie kabobs prepped for tomorrow.

Embryodad

Dinner tonight was Prime sirloin steak (baked at 275°F to 110° internal temp then broiled to brown), steamed fresh corn on the cob and steamed fresh baby spinach

052613_prime_sirloin_spinach_corn_P1090838.jpg

I have my mac salad made and veggie kabobs prepped for tomorrow.

The steaks are perfecto! ... I'm all ready for tomorrow too!
I guess I'll put the ribs on (in the oven) 250º for like 4 hours or so!

Forgot to mention the London Broil that matches with the below ->>>>> Meat Slicer.. ( I'm losing it for sure! hahahahaa)

I will drag out the meat slicer; only because I don't want to hear,"Cut It thin....Cut It Thin!!!... THIN IT WILL BE!!! hahahahaha

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I never got my ribs :sad:. But I took out filets for the family and a boneless (prime NY strip) for me. There will also be burgers (I don't like grilled burgers), dogs and veggie kabobs on the grill. Corn on the cob either steamed or on the grill. Doctored B&M baked beans.

Embryodad

I never got my ribs :sad:. But I took out filets for the family and a boneless (prime NY strip) for me. There will also be burgers (I don't like grilled burgers), dogs and veggie kabobs on the grill. Corn on the cob either steamed or on the grill. Doctored B&M baked beans.

Ha ha Ha .... Doctored Beans. We do the same thing peep!

I've got this huge can of beans (B&M) that are the huge huge like gallon size, and I wanted to start using them up. I put them back on the shelf because sons MIL is making doctored up beans and bringing them over tomorrow.

We like to peel an apple, and then grate it in with the beans, and simmer for a while till they are cooked. :readytoeat:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ha ha Ha .... Doctored Beans. We do the same thing peep!

I've got this huge can of beans (B&M) that are the huge huge like gallon size, and I wanted to start using them up. I put them back on the shelf because sons MIL is making doctored up beans and bringing them over tomorrow.

We like to peel an apple, and then grate it in with the beans, and simmer for a while till they are cooked. :readytoeat:
I add onion, brown sugar, molasses, ketchup and mustard plus spices. Usually add bacon but forgot to pick it up so I will sauté the onion in bacon fat for flavor.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We had Smith's hot dogs & cheese burgers with the neighbors. A few Summer Shanty's before dinner, and I was ready for a nap after the picnic food. Not sure what we're doing tomorrow food wise, but much yard work is in the wings. All the shrubs need a haircut, and still need to get some mulch for the beds. Need to rip out the bush bean plot and replant the whole thing. I think the ground was too cool to propagate the seeds, so I'll try another batch of seeds and see if they grow better than the last planting. The rest of the garden is doing well, and the deer want no part of my fenced garden...so far.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's Decoration Day! We'll be having ribs and wings on the grill. Sides will be broccoli and smashed potatoes with bacon and cheese. DD is bringing dessert. Oh....and grilled Italian Garlic bread.

Embryodad

It's Decoration Day! We'll be having ribs and wings on the grill. Sides will be broccoli and smashed potatoes with bacon and cheese. DD is bringing dessert. Oh....and grilled Italian Garlic bread.
Sounds delicious to me Mama! ....

I call it Decoration Day too! The old original .

Just put the ribs in the oven. I could do them on the grill, but watching them and not enough grill space is a pain. I do em low and slow covered in the oven.

Of course the London Broil will be grilled.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Joe & Linda's Landscaping & Yard Maintenance filled 3 trash cans & 3 yard waste bags with weeds & trimmings from all the bushes, shrubs & trees. Our butts are dragging, so dinner will be the $7.99 large pepperoni from Papa Johns with garlic sauce & red pepper flakes. We're too whipped to even go pick it up, so we'll let them deliver.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sounds delicious to me Mama! ....

I call it Decoration Day too! The old original .

Just put the ribs in the oven. I could do them on the grill, but watching them and not enough grill space is a pain. I do em low and slow covered in the oven.

Of course the London Broil will be grilled.

I usually start them in the oven and finish them on the grill. That's how I did them today.

Attachments

• ribs-05272013.jpg
    ribs-05272013.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 250

Embryodad

THE MEMORIAL DAY BBQ

I managed to get a few shots of the foods as the crowd devoured the ribs and London Broil... and the usual hot dogs and burgers....

DD made a Blue Color Angel food cake!

I ate a little, and I was feeling a little dizzy today. Vertigo acting up, and when I moved to look down or up or side to side, the room began to spin.

I'm ok now, but it was crazy scary! hahahahaha...

Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsize

memorialday002.jpg

memorialday004.jpg

memorialday005.jpg

memorialday007.jpg

memorialday008.jpg

memorialday009.jpg

memorialday010.jpg

memorialday011.jpg

Embryodad

Earlier for Lunch, Tina got a Rueben over at Arby's. I had 1/2 of that.

For supper, I had Two (2) Wimpies (sloppy joes)...

Beans with onion slices as bread! Uh Huh! See! Had enough bread with the burgers.
Tina made a blueberry Cobbler or something like that.
You can see where I was digging at it.

wimpies002.jpg

wimpies004.jpg

wimpies006.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Went to Manhattan Deli and had matzo ball soup (one matzo ball) & 1/2 sandwich of hot Pastrami on pumpernickel. DW had the chicken noodle & 1/2 BLT. The matzo balls at this place are the size of a softball. In the Winter I get the bowl which has two matzo balls, and no sandwich. The matzo balls are very light.

Embryodad

Love matzo Ball Soup Joe! Umm!
Tina likes them soft, and I like them a little firm.

No Pictures...had 6 (six) Taco Bell Taco's. Tina picked them up on the way home from her South Jersey Uncle Trip Today! I like the soft shell, but they made a mistake and gave me the hard shell taco's. I ate them.

Now I will have a PB&J on toast, folded and dunked in a nice cold glass of milk!

Embryodad

Today...Thursday 5/30/13

It was corn on the cob...and hot dogs. :corn::hotdog:

Tina made some kind of Knorrs Noodles with chicken flavor for GD.

I don't eat that S*.....tuff :cooking:

There is watermellon for dessert later. :thumb:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Last night I cooked chicken with a lemon and artichoke heart sauce. I have some more chicken breasts and will do something different with them tonight. Don't quite know what yet :fridge:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Closed the garage sale early (it was 86 with a heat index of 89) at about 2:00 and took a siesta in the house with the A/C set at 74...sweeeeeet! After the nap I made this nice did-din for my Honey. These chops cooked in the raised-rib cast iron pan were really moist, and the corn was frozen from last Fall was super sweet. The redskins speak for themselves.

Embryodad

Closed the garage sale early (it was 86 with a heat index of 89) at about 2:00 and took a siesta in the house with the A/C set at 74...sweeeeeet! After the nap I made this nice did-din for my Honey. These chops cooked in the raised-rib cast iron pan were really moist, and the corn was frozen from last Fall was super sweet. The redskins speak for themselves.

Looks great Joe.
It was hot here too! I did some weed whacking, and I was exhausted.
It was 85.6º outside, but lower humidity..49% RH. It wasn't bad in the shade.

Those potatoes have a Name in This House. We call them,"JoeV's Potatoes!"

Embryodad

shadesandsalad015.jpg

shadesandsalad013.jpg

Tina Made Light Oatmeal Raisin Cookies for dessert.

The girls...Mommy T and GD had domino's pizza...and I ate the salad and grilled cheese and tomato that I cooked on the pannini grill!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Spent 2 days on the road (993 miles) this week so i ate what i packed for the trip and had a few meals out. Yesterday i finished the ham hocks and today was a rotisserie chicken from Sam's club. I had to fast for the cat scan so i was real hungry till I got home. Will pick the rest down for stir fry tomorrow.

Embryodad

Well I guess It was hot out today... 86º and Tina made a big pot of chicken soup!

You know I wasn't gonna eat that...so I had a sandwich and a half on hot dog split top rolls of Tuna salad Tina made. She made it the way she likes it with minced onions and NO CELERY! ( Tears ) I ate it anyway! I like celery in tuna salad.

Nothing great to eat tomorrow. Tina goes to a Wedding Shower and that is reason not to cook. I may make some hot sausage on the grill with peppers and onions. Oh Gosh! Do we have onions! ....Tina bought a 10 lb. bag from Sams Club today!

GD is living here now...so I will have to cook something. I forgot. duhhh!!

My friend called me today, and said he was having an onion frittata for supper.
Boy O Boy, does that sound good! I could gomm one down right now!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
jimmy. :mrgreen:.i hear u. tuna salad has to have celery.
i think blake should be by tonite. that means we'll order food. i have lasagna in the fridge, too, if he would prefer that.