What's Cooking Sun. 9/29 to Sat. 10/5/ 2013

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Not sure where the heck y'all disappeared to, but we can't give up on this thread. That being said, after a trip to the Asian market today for some oils & sauces, we decided to just have breakfast for dinner.

Here's some pics from the Asian market. No...we didn't buy any fresh seafood today. I've got a real hygiene issue with the cleanliness of the "fresh foods" areas of Asian markets, and have NEVER bought anything that is "fresh."

Attachments

• IMG_1936.jpg
    IMG_1936.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_1937.jpg
    IMG_1937.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_1938.jpg
    IMG_1938.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 271

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I grilled up ribeyes and made baked beans and mac&cheese for the sides. She did up the last of the tomatoes yesterday and corn harvest is today.

Attachments

• field and steaks 002.jpg
    field and steaks 002.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 164

LADawg

Think I will have Meat Loaf, Turnip Greens, Mashed Potatoes with gravy for Luper (that's what we eat around 1:30 or 2:00 for our second meal of the day). At night we just snack on something. I have the Turnip Greens that have been cooked down and need to be finished cooking in the freezer so I may go ahead and make some cornbread to go along with them....
Down here in the Deep South cornbread is made with WHITE cornmeal and NO SUGAR is ever added........................
Wendell

Embryodad

Supper is done / in the tummy, and ready for snacktime later tonight.

Tina picked up a Sams Club rotisserie running out of date chicken. It was crispy on the outside (I know because I skinned it and ate the skin) but it was not done enough in the center. The pull on the leg did not pull off the chicken.

The GD and Tina made history out of the breast meat. The rest, Tina is gonna make soup. eck!

I made a minute steak sandwich on toast for me.

Cooking was lax for a few days. DW was sick....doctors and being up nights and sleeping all day under the influence of medicine. Grrrrrrr!!!!

Stomach pain, and then something triggered a allergic reaction and her face puffed out and her arms and back were all red blotches and welts. It's just starting to ease a bit......hopefully she comes clean of that whatever it was / is!:ohmy:

I've been eating sardines and canned whatever I could find; plus egg sandwiches or whatever and whenever I get hungry. :picnic:
I tried to get her mind off her being sick; and so I helped her bake a cherry nut butter cake the other night.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I was tired and sore from working on my truck so I ordered a stromboli from the local place. Was a nice change of pace.

Embryodad

I was tired and sore from working on my truck so I ordered a stromboli from the local place. Was a nice change of pace.

Oh! The good ole neck cramps from laying on the back under the vehicles. hahahaha Been There / Done that, and now I still do it, but need a day or two to straighten out and get the kinks out of my neck.:yum:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I cooked a big ol' mess of mustard greens last night.

Washed and ready to chop:

MustardGreens-1.jpg

Embryodad

Tina boiled a whole rotisserie chicken and made chicken soup. I cleaned off all the chicken, and made chicken salad with it!

I pureed the celery and onions and threw it back in the soup.

There is not a thing to eat for dessert.
Maybe a English muffin with butter and cherry jam later on. I'm easy when it comes to dessert. Sometimes I'm satisfied with just Peanut Butter, and Jully!!:thumb:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
these- apple/fennel salad, tuna, fruit, & cheese-

Attachments

• dinner1031.jpg
    dinner1031.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 121
  • dinner1032.jpg
    dinner1032.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 123
  • dinner103.jpg
    dinner103.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
You know Cooksie, it takes a southerner to know just how much a "mess" is..........:clap:

LOL, that's what I call a "mess" (two bunches), but my mother's definition of "mess" would have been about double that pile.

I just love mustard greens, and these looked so good in the store that I just couldn't pass them up.

Embryodad

xih5.jpg

4r3e.jpg

ivhx.jpg

A new eggplant pie... Peeled; Cubed & boiled eggplant..cubed bread toasted...two eggs...mozzarella and parm cheese. Baked 350 45 minutes.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
soup, carrot w/ shake-on seasoning built into their packet, kiwi berries, & fruit nectar- (tart cherry)~

Attachments

• dinner104.jpg
    dinner104.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 117
  • food1042.jpg
    food1042.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 117

LADawg

LOL, that's what I call a "mess" (two bunches), but my mother's definition of "mess" would have been about double that pile.

I just love mustard greens, and these looked so good in the store that I just couldn't pass them up.

:agree:I too like mustard greens, but most of the time I buy turnip greens. I only eat the greens. Turnips are a little easier to wash and de-stem. Now a combination of both along with some cornbread (no sugar please) make for some mighty fine eating.
At the stores down here a bundle of greens are so big that I get at least a couple of messes out of just one bundle............

Embryodad

Well... I did find some hot sausage to make sausage cacciatori, but that I will make for tomorrows meal.
Tina Mommy went to pick up the car at the shop where the glass windshield was installed, and on the way back, she stopped at KFC and got one of those mashed potato meals with chicken inside with gravy. For me, she stopped at the Quick Check Deli, and got me a sub sandwich.
We are both full and satisfied.

There is banana bread "T" made...so we will have that later. ORrrrrrrr Something else! Like waffles with whipped butter and syrup! Ummmm!!:yum:

Embryodad

Well... It was a crazy all upside down meal day!
Now! Last night I made the sausage cacciatori to have today, but Tina made Eggplant Meatballs Baked in tomato sauce, and I got started on those, and couldn't stop eating them. I had three; and They are big babies.

I was so full, and then she went to the store to get Crisco Oil that was on sale for 2.70 a 1/2 gallon. She brought home Entenmans Chocolate coated doughnuts. .... Then, she made an apple cobbler. I am resting my tummy to have that cobbler in a little bit with a cup of coffee. Ummm!

One good thing! ... The sausage cacciatori will be for tomorrow.

GD won't eat sausage (hot) or eggplant...so Tina made her angelhair with Ragu canned sauce.

32c3.jpg

7w93.jpg

qycf.jpg

kr32.jpg

b2bg.jpg

cbe0.jpg

Embryodad

soup, carrot w/ shake-on seasoning built into their packet, kiwi berries, & fruit nectar- (tart cherry)~

My Maria eats those Kiwi... She brought some here, but they were not ripe enough. She makes drinks in the blender with that and Greek Yogurt.
It's good for her stomach and her digestive system she said!!