What's cooking NCT Sun 9-1-13 to Sat 9-7-13

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We were car shopping for DW most of the day, so dinner needed to be something easy. Had some marinated chicken breast in the freezer, and whipped up some pan fried taters, broccoli and garden fresh tomato salad. Topped the taters and chicken with salsa. Going back out tomorrow, and may come home with a new vehicle if DW can make a decision. They're all the same in the category we're looking, and the prices are all very close.

Embryodad

Tina made a H U G E Pot of tomato sauce with beef; veal; sausage; and meatballs ....
It's for tomorrow. The kids are coming over.

We were picking out of the pot this evening; and so, that was supper.

I got coconut custard pie in the fridge, and so that will be my dessert soon!

Here is the song of the month.........................

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FrxUpI_MUA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FrxUpI_MUA[/ame]

lilbopeep

🌹 🍉 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We are in the middle of a thunderstorm. No BBQ today.

I will be making some Chinese red pork then use it in homemade wonton soup and fried rice for dinner. As soon as I am sure the power won't go off. LOL

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Spatchcocked a chicken, brined it overnight, seasoned it and put it on the smoker with apple wood.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Very nice looking chicken Joe. Did you shred it and add BBQ sauce before serving?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Last nights dinner

Homemade Wonton soup and fried rice

090313_wonton_soup_P1090866.jpg

090312_fried_rice_P1090865.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Mmmmm Chinese :readytoeat: I have some leftover rotisserie chicken that just might turn into fried rice tonight, either that or tortilla soup.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That chicken pic is magazine quality Joe....just beautiful!

Yum Peepers!

I'm making a big pot of Bacon Cheeseburger Soup. We'll have toasted homemade Italian Bread with it.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Cooksie and Mama.

Sounds good Mini.

Our dinner:

Chicken & veggie stir fry with side of jasmine rice

090413_chicken_stir_fry_P1090871.jpg

Embryodad

Today was fried pepper sandwiches with provolone cheese slices melted over the stove hot green peppers.

Tina wasn't home today, but on her way back, she stopped for cold cuts at a ShopRite.

I just had a liverwurst and a pickle pimento 1/2 of each. The peppers are really making me burp. They were strong tasting. Whew!

:yum:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
That chicken pic is magazine quality Joe....just beautiful!

Yum Peepers!

I'm making a big pot of Bacon Cheeseburger Soup. We'll have toasted homemade Italian Bread with it.
My son took that picture of the bird right out of the smoker with his $1,200 Nikon camera and 10 years of professional experience. He's got the touch, that's for sure.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I am planning to cut up some b/s chicken breasts into strips then dredging and frying them. Sides will probably be lemon pan gravy, mashed and steamed broccoli.

Embryodad

Supper is cooked already.
Tinamommy made Cousin Donna's Sloppy Joes.

1 Lb. Ground beef / onion / salt & Pepper... brown well, and add 1 can Tomato soup ( Campbells ) stir ..add like 4 tbs. diced bell pepper, and cover and cook low heat simmer 20 minutes.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Pan fried tilapia and cauliflower along with corn on the cob. Peach cobbler over vanilla ice cream for desert.

Embryodad

Supper was pizza from Ghigiarelli's restaurant from Old Forge, PA.
Tina was shopping with my cousin, and she picked me up a pizza pie.
Picked me up a bunch of Italian black pepper cookies. My favorite.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
One of DW's widow friends came for dinner and requested homemade pizza. I made a pepperoni with with mushroom & sweet peppers from the garden, and a ham/pineapple with red onion, mushroom and Sweet Baby Ray's as the sauce. So busy making pizzas while they talked, that I forgot to take pics.

Embryodad

One of DW's widow friends came for dinner and requested homemade pizza. I made a pepperoni with with mushroom & sweet peppers from the garden, and a ham/pineapple with red onion, mushroom and Sweet Baby Ray's as the sauce. So busy making pizzas while they talked, that I forgot to take pics.

Oh! and I'll bet they talked!!! hahahahaha:whistle:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've got some pork tenderloin. I'm thinking a stir fry with onions and celery.

Embryodad

I've got some pork tenderloin. I'm thinking a stir fry with onions and celery.
Sounds Good to me Cooksie...

I just love celery. The wife and kids like the flavor, but they don't desire to eat it.
I would love to make a potato celery soup. Ummmm!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Sounds Good to me Cooksie...

I just love celery. The wife and kids like the flavor, but they don't desire to eat it.
I would love to make a potato celery soup. Ummmm!!

I love celery too. I used to order this dish called Tung An Chicken. It was just seasoned (with what, I don't know) chicken chunks stir fried with onions and celery. Mmmm Mmmm good!

I ended up with a stir fry of pork, onions, and pineapple. Forgot I used the last of the celery in tortilla soup :pat: