What's Cooking NCT? Sun. 12/16/12 to Sat. 12/22/12

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
WOW....beautiful food everyone! I've been having a cookie marathon and I just finished the last of the Christmas shopping today. We've been eating a lot of fast food and simple meals like soup and sandwiches and salads. Now maybe things will settle down a little and I can get back to cooking real food.

That was an awesome Birthday spread Jimmy!

Sorry to hear about the layoff Peeps. Hopefully the layoff won't last long.

Embryodad

WOW....beautiful food everyone! I've been having a cookie marathon and I just finished the last of the Christmas shopping today. We've been eating a lot of fast food and simple meals like soup and sandwiches and salads. Now maybe things will settle down a little and I can get back to cooking real food.

That was an awesome Birthday spread Jimmy!

Sorry to hear about the layoff Peeps. Hopefully the layoff won't last long.
Thanks Mama... I am so proud that my little girl (as seen in my eyes) did such a great job. The Rice was better tasting than the Take-out we usually get.

Embryodad

Friday ... 12/21/12

Today was another (*the last day...Thank God ) of baking.
DD made more cookies...:a1:

COOKIESFRIDAY012_zps37f211ba.jpg

COOKIESFRIDAY010_zps525833a0.jpg

COOKIESFRIDAY009_zps26d95f3c.jpg

Tina made her Slovak Cookies..... And I did way too much sampling; especially the ground walnuts ones...

COOKIESFRIDAY014_zps56a75b6f.jpg

COOKIESFRIDAY016_zps5cdcd628.jpg

I had my fill of sampling, and I really needed nothing to eat for supper.
Tina did make Potato pancakes...nice and crunchy the way I like them. :thumb:

PotatoPancakes001_zps9d88f4e4.jpg

PotatoPancakes002_zps96a0b787.jpg

later... Tina made the Nut and Poppyseed filled rolls!

PotatoPancakes003_zpsc1f9d712.jpg

lilbopeep

Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
WOW Jimmy! I want some of everything please. The potato pancake look fantastic. Recipe and directions? Do you serve with sour cream and apple sauce?

Embryodad

WOW Jimmy! I want some of everything please. The potato pancake look fantastic. Recipe and directions? Do you serve with sour cream and apple sauce?
Thanks peeps

I like sour ceam...Tina applesauce.
Her mother ate them with grape jam. Yuuck!

I'll get the recipe! From Tina that is!....post it soon

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Have a BIG pot of chicken soup simmering now and will make some BLT's for lunch. Good day for some soup and football.:clap:

Attachments

• soup 001.jpg
    soup 001.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 113

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
It was great. Had some for lunch and left it simmer and thicken up and made a dozen meat pies and have a little left for tomorrow. We added 2 boneless breasts to the carcass of a rotisserie chicken and then all kinds of veggies. Just made BLT's for supper.