What's Cooking NCT Sun 10/5 to Sat 10/11 2014

Embryodad

Close my eye's, and what do I see???
NOTHING! /////
Have No clue for supper tonight.
I could go for macaroni's and tomato sauce, and some grilled sausage and peppers ? ? ? .... It depends on the wife and what she may want??

So for now, we are in cooking limbo > > > > ( sigh )

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I made some white chicken chili last night, so more of the same tonight.

Embryodad

Ok.... a decision was made. Tina mommy stopped at shoprite this AM and picked up a Shoulder chuck roast. A little over trimmed, but she will make it work.
It's braising now nice and slow with carrots / celery / onions....and potato later when done.
She is baking a fresh home made pumpkin pie too. Yummy!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i snacked. deli items via dietz/watson & citterio fresco. soup. rosemarino ham. prosciutto & london broil. i got salad to dip into greek yogurt dressing, & picked over a salad i made while shopping, too. too many items to list were in that. healthy items.

& pop. & peanuts, other junk-food. fergot those ones. i cannot see how i weigh 95 pounds. & candy, gatorades, oh, sheesh. scads of stuff. have i mentioned those adult beverages--

Last edited:

Embryodad

Pot roast was sorta good, and it was delicious. On one side of the bottom was chew chew chew like a ball of string, and dry dry dry as I chewed, and then I could not swally it.
Yet.... The top 1/2 was so tender. That was the top that didn't boil in the liquid.
As it was.... a 3 lb roast was too much to make. If we don't get to make sliced thin sandwiches when it is cold, I will grind it, and add it to ground beef to make chili during the week.
The gravy thickened from the juice was awesome.
I took pictures and will add them as soon as I can get to the computer in the kitchen.

The Mrs. is on the phone; Jibber Jabbering with my cousin...... LOL Talking about food. What else?? hahahaha

The leftover 1/2

Tina's Mish Mash Potatoes and Carrots....Yuck!

We did a good Job On the pumpkin Pie she made! ....

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Last night I smoked some country style pork ribs for dinner and they were great (of course). Today my wife called me upstairs for lunch and......

IMG_0661.jpg

ON A PRETZEL BUN :wub:

Heavenly. :) Smoking meat is the bomb.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
That looks good Buzz. Wife brought me home dinner last night. Might simmer up a batch of chili for tonight. Using up the last of the tomatoes in the garden.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Finally getting our roof (3 rooms) fixed. They have been braced up since the last snow/ice storm in February; that cracked beams and major caused damage. Had to file insurance claim and they didn't give us enough. So adjusted came back met the contractor .... after this long they finally gave us more money and we are getting it done. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we need to stay in a motel for 6 days (fingers crossed). I can't sleep because of pain etc. So eating crap for the near future.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Looks like dinner will be cornbread stuffed pork chops with twice-baked potatoes and steamed veggies.

Embryodad

Tina made panko crusty Pork Chops.....I pounded them with the tenderizer hammer.
Gabe and I had Hot Dogs and Bushes Baked Beans.
Then the little frozen Cream Filled Eclairs. Oh so Good.
Tina and I polished off the whole dish full. Tina was showing finger lickin good!......... NOOoooo! She wasn't pointing at herself!! LOL..... That was a delayed action of "Finger Lickin" .... hahahahaha

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I love those little eclairs!!!!!!!!

tonight we split a cornbread stuffed pork chop for dinner, and complimented it with twice baked potato, cabbage salad and steamed veggies. Very tasty and very filling.

Attachments

• Dinner 100714.jpg
    Dinner 100714.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 117

Embryodad

I love those little eclairs!!!!!!!!

tonight we split a cornbread stuffed pork chop for dinner, and complimented it with twice baked potato, cabbage salad and steamed veggies. Very tasty and very filling.

Surely looks good Joe!

Never had an individual stuffed pork chop, but Tina makes a stuffing, and sticks it in between a few chops in a baking 4x9 Corning ware pan.

As far as those little E-Clairs.... we can't just eat 2. It's like pop-ems.
The greatest thing, ( In my Opinion ) is the square white container they come in. Great for leftovers, and especially sending the kids food home with them. That way, they can microvave (heat ) in them, and we don't care. When we give tem food in the tupperware collection containers, they send them back with burned spots on the inside. Even after telling them,"Please Don't Microwave them!", they still do it!"

What I do, is set like 5 of those eclairs in line, and tell Tina..."See Dear, 5 mini's equal one regular eclair!":whistling:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Last night's chili was made with maters and fresh herbs from the garden. It was great over white rice. Have enough for another meal also. We have a bunch of purple cabbage that is ready. I want a big batch of home made slaw and some cabbage and potatoes. I ain't supposed to eat it because of the coumadin but will just have to take some extra rat poison when I do. LOL

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Good thing I'm not working around anyone today. the cabbage salad, cauliflower and broccoli really worked their "magic" on this old boy today. :WitchBrewsSmiley:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Surely looks good Joe!

Never had an individual stuffed pork chop, but Tina makes a stuffing, and sticks it in between a few chops in a baking 4x9 Corning ware pan.

As far as those little E-Clairs.... we can't just eat 2. It's like pop-ems.
The greatest thing, ( In my Opinion ) is the square white container they come in. Great for leftovers, and especially sending the kids food home with them. That way, they can microvave (heat ) in them, and we don't care. When we give tem food in the tupperware collection containers, they send them back with burned spots on the inside. Even after telling them,"Please Don't Microwave them!", they still do it!"

What I do, is set like 5 of those eclairs in line, and tell Tina..."See Dear, 5 mini's equal one regular eclair!":whistling:

Jimmy what brand are those lil eclairs? We used to like the frozen Rich's brand. I can't find that brand any more.

Embryodad

What a great cooking Day!
Here is the Lunch Bow ties and peas Tina made...
Then the Chili I made for supper, and we tasted little side bowls of it, and it was great. Supper will be that for tomorrow.

We ate the pot roast on sandwiches and pickles on the side.

I mentioned scones, and Tina whipped up some. They just came out of the oven. I naturally ate one hot from the oven.
Mom used to say, "Let it cool off, it will stick to your heart if the dough is hot!"

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Going to grill some strip steaks with baked taters. Wife is making an apple pie and some cookies while the oven is on. Windy as heck to be grilling but I want some steak.

Embryodad

The wife was on a mission today to go get the uncles car so we can sell it for him.
I made a nice pot of chicken broth soup ( just flavored ) with small meat balls and
matzo balls. Boy was it good!....

It reminded me when Ma would make chicken broth when we kids were sick. That, and smashed saltines in the soup, was the ticket to gettin better!
Ahhh! the smell of Vicks Vapo Rub on our flannel PJ's, and the nose drippage as we slurped the soup! Nasty !

K

Kimchee

I finally figured out what I was craving, and made a pot of gumbo.
Shrimp, crawfish, sausage and chicken, fresh okra....
I dunno why, but that's what my stomach wanted.
It is happy now.
And will be even happier tomorrow with the leftovers.
(I did have to restrain myself from that third bowl.)