What's Cooking NCT Sun 10-13 to 10-19-2013

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Since she will be working late tomorrow, my lovely bride made me an awesome pre-birthday dinner. Beef tips in a red wine reduction gravy, over egg noodles, with corn off the cob and garden tomato salad with cucumber salad. Cheese cake for dessert. Awesome, awesome, awesome! (and I have a little left over for a snack another time)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow! That looks terrific, Joe!

And Happy Birthday to you!

Lee

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Mousaka just came out of the oven :)
Can that be cut into squares and frozen for later? DW does not like eggplant (I think it's the texture thingy...sheesh!), so I'd like to make it for myself for when I want a nice lunch.
Thanks!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Just picked some eggplant yesterday. I made pork and sauerkraut in the slow cooker last night. Was mighty good for a no fuss meal.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
trying to figure out what I'm going to do with boneless/skinless chicken breasts :chicken:

Embryodad

Shepherds Pie Tina made...and Biscotti I made yesterday!

v4sq.jpg

t3q7.jpg

Embryodad

I made the Sausage / Peppers / Potatoes / Onions .... and fried cabbage on the side.

Tina bought a super favorite of mine from the farm. Coconut Custard Pie!

kf9l.jpg

lw97.jpg

c42l.jpg

zp46.jpg

vei2.jpg

mz5x.jpg

qk56.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Had a widow friend over Friday, so I made burgers & salad at her request. BTW, that's Big Boy sauce, for those who know Big Boy Restaurants. Found a knock-off recipe that's as close as you can get it.

INGREDIENTS:

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]1 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons dill pickle relish (well drained)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1 dash paprika
1 pinch garlic powder[/FONT]
DIRECTIONS:

[FONT=verdana, arial]Hand mix all ingredients and refrigerate several hours. Stir before use.[/FONT]