Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
pretty much every day ...
315558817_10222244125757219_3708873908864003124_n.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, LT! So sucks! What is wrong with your vision?

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, LT! So sucks! What is wrong with your vision?

Lee
Macular Degeneration... Slowly taking my sight for the last 8 years or so...
Not all MDG patients see floaters; some see "Flashes", which are more like strings, and some don't see either, at least not all the time...
But all of us Lose vision in the eye to the point where it's somewhat like looking
through a Kaleidoscope, although the peripheral vision isn't usually affected..
My right eye is the worst by far; the Docs have given up on that one... I get periodic
injections in the left, which has kept me at 20 / 40 until recently, when I've slipped to 20 / 50...
There's a cataract on both eyes as well, and the one on my good eye will have
to come off in February... That should get me back to a 20 / 40, or maybe even better.
Not looking for sympathy, just want to make everyone aware that this comes on long before
it manifests itself in blurred or bent vision... First symptom I experienced was
when the solid white line on the right side of the highway would hook left momentarily
and I'd be looking at an up-side down "J... I'd blink, and it would straighten out... Thing is ,
Your Doctor can see it coming regular eye exams, but most won't look for it if you
don't mention it ...

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Macular Degeneration... Slowly taking my sight for the last 8 years or so...
Not all MDG patients see floaters; some see "Flashes", which are more like strings, and some don't see either, at least not all the time...
But all of us Lose vision in the eye to the point where it's somewhat like looking
through a Kaleidoscope, although the peripheral vision isn't usually affected..
My right eye is the worst by far; the Docs have given up on that one... I get periodic
injections in the left, which has kept me at 20 / 40 until recently, when I've slipped to 20 / 50...
There's a cataract on both eyes as well, and the one on my good eye will have
to come off in February... That should get me back to a 20 / 40, or maybe even better.
Not looking for sympathy, just want to make everyone aware that this comes on long before
it manifests itself in blurred or bent vision... First symptom I experienced was
when the solid white line on the right side of the highway would hook left momentarily
and I'd be looking at an up-side down "J... I'd blink, and it would straighten out... Thing is ,
Your Doctor can see it coming regular eye exams, but most won't look for it if you
don't mention it ...

Very well explained, LT. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Lee