What brand of knives are you loving lately?

Ironman

🍺
I was discussing my suggestion for knives with a friend and wondered what folks are using now. I told him:
me said:
I use Global knives because they float in my hand. Kinda high dollar stuff. But I picked up a cheap santoku knife at SAMS club and that’s my go to for everything. Buy a sharpener and the Chicago cutlery stuff will even treat you good. Keep em sharp ?

what are you using?

Reactions: Doc

LastManStanding

I have a Lock&Lock Rainbow knife and a Wusthof I received from a friend. Here in my country the most popular and available knives are the Kiwi brand cheap ones. But in rural villages the blacksmiths make much better knives.
However, I received a piece of log saw blade. (A very old saw you may not have seen or heard of. It's used to saw huge logs on a scaffolding. One guy stands on the scaffolding and the other on the ground.) Those saws were made with the finest steel. I'm going to make a really good knife from it.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My daily knives are all Henckels, but I love the first knife I ever bought, a Sabatier slicer. My brisket knife is a 14 inch Victorinox slicer. The latter is a great, affordable brand!

Lee

LastManStanding

My daily knives are all Henckels, but I love the first knife I ever bought, a Sabatier slicer. My brisket knife is a 14 inch Victorinox slicer. The latter is a great, affordable brand!

Lee
Are Victorinox knives (with those black handle) full tang? Looks like it's much shorter inside the handle.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Are Victorinox knives (with those black handle) full tang? Looks like it's much shorter inside the handle.o

Well, to be honest, I didn't consider the tang when I was looking for a knife to neatly slice full briskets in competition. I wanted a good, affordable, long knife with a granton edge.

Here's mine - not full tang, I guess, but not bad. BTW, Forschner is the North American distributor of Victorinox brand, and that is the name stamped on my handle.

Lee

Knife.JPG

Johnny West

I have two of these Buck 110’s. The first one, this one, I’m not sure when I bought. It’s a 110 with G-10 scales and BG-42 blade and nickel silver Bolsters. I stopped at Buck in Post Falls and the shop had the last one in display case. I bought it and is still in the box in my gun safe. It’s for sale if anyone wants it. They don’t make this one anymore.