What are you reading?

Johnny West

We’ve been watching C.B. Strike, a crimes series on HBO. It’s a series based on the Cormoran Strike books by Robert Galbraith, nom de plume of J.K. Rawling. Nancy got me the second book which arrived today. I still need to find the first book - she has written 6 and said there will be 10. The second book is called The Silkworm.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm devouring a CIA covert operations series by Saul Herzog. The Asset, The Russian and The Target. About half way through the 3rd in the series and they are intriguing to me. They go way behind the scenes of how things work in Russia. Never really interested in Russia, had I known that at the beginning I might not have started them but once I started I can't stop. interesting characters and so much background that I had no clue about.

Johnny West

I'm devouring a CIA covert operations series by Saul Herzog. The Asset, The Russian and The Target. About half way through the 3rd in the series and they are intriguing to me. They go way behind the scenes of how things work in Russia. Never really interested in Russia, had I known that at the beginning I might not have started them but once I started I can't stop. interesting characters and so much background that I had no clue about.
One of my friends is retired state department. He doesn’t talk much about it.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
One of my friends is retired state department. He doesn’t talk much about it.
I would guess part of their sworn oath is to keep their mouth shut about all business. No matter how boring or exciting etc. Most of it probably boring but still hush hush.

Johnny West

I would guess part of their sworn oath is to keep their mouth shut about all business. No matter how boring or exciting etc. Most of it probably boring but still hush hush.
Yes, he was even in a Andie McDowell movie filmed in Morocco. She did a topless scene which her future husband didn’t like and he, allegedly, tries to buy all the vcr copies. I bid on one on eBay and kept getting outbid.

Johnny West

We’ve been watching C.B. Strike, a crimes series on HBO. It’s a series based on the Cormoran Strike books by Robert Galbraith, nom de plume of J.K. Rawling. Nancy got me the second book which arrived today. I still need to find the first book - she has written 6 and said there will be 10. The second book is called The Silkworm.
I’m on the Ink Black Heart now. A new one is to be released in September.