Wednesday, 5/11/2011, Whats on the menu today?

mhend

I have some b/s chicken breasts that I have to use today. I have no idea how I'm going to prepare them though.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have some b/s chicken breasts that I have to use today. I have no idea how I'm going to prepare them though.
Stir fry with veggies and serve with rice.
Breaded and fried.
Quick chicken soup
Chicken pot pie or stew

Carolina Cooking

I've never had that.

lol I made it once after seeing it on pioneer woman.

OMG I bet I have made it 10 times since then. :in_love:

IMG_0134.jpg

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
:ohmy: Carolina.....that looks awesome!

I picked up some "Texas Style Ribs" at the grocery store yesterday. They were on sale. I'd never seen this cut before but they looked darn good so, in the oven to slow roast this afternoon and then on the grill it will go to finish it off!

Attachments

• texas-style-ribs.jpg
    texas-style-ribs.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 131

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks YUMMY Barb!! Is that jet's dough recipe?

Can't wait to see/hear the verdict on the texas ribs Mama!

Carolina Cooking

yes it is Jets recipe. I use it all the time for my dough.

That pic is of the first chx pizza I made & I made the crust to thick. Since then I make 2 pizzas & make them a lot thinner. That recipe for dough makes the crust crispy & chewy at the same time. :thumb:

Plenty of air holes..

Oh & I use bread flour it makes the dough with less shrinking. Much easier to fit your pans & shape it.

Norm

Son was looking through a Korean cookbook and requested that I make Janggukbap, a spicy beef soup made with brisket, diakon, leeks, carrots, onions and mushrooms. It is simmering on the stove now.

Nancy-MD

The soup looks good, Norm.

So does that pizza, CC!

Mama, the ribs look good and meaty. We're going to smoke some on Sunday.

I'm also thinking about a beef stir fry for tonight. Haven't decided yet.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
norm, your soup looks great!
think i'll keep it simple & make a tomato sammich. should get some bread thawing & make an herbed aioli, pour a glass of milk, & that's dinner!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Your soup looks really good Norm!

I'm gonna have to go get some more of those ribs while they are on sale ($2.28/lb.). They turned out really well. I wrapped them in foil with coca-cola and cooked on 275° for 4 hours then finished on the grill. They're really meaty and they turned out moist and tender.

I threw together a pasta salad to go with it along with some sliced tomatoes and rolls...burp...

Attachments

• dinner05112011.jpg
    dinner05112011.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 95

Norm

Thank you Nancy, Luss and Mama. Your ribs look great. Son is going to do some short ribs on the grill this weekend.

mhend

Love your soup Norm! Looks really good and Mama those ribs - OMG! I know what I am buying at the grocery store tomorrow. :)

I was thinking about making stir fry like Peeps suggested earlier but I'm out of rice and veggies. A trip to the market is in order because I want that stir fry too :)

I went with Keltin's Mini Chicken Sandwiches.

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30962#post30962

They were easy to make and really tasty!! Kids loved em too! I didn't have any of the small rolls, but I had some small hamburger buns so I just used those.

DSC_0014.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
those 'lil sammiches, they're so cute. i luv most things cute/little, so i think i'll thaw some chix & make those! awww

gotta get some hawaiian bread or get to a deli for bread soon~

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Beautiful meals Mama and Mary!! Yummy!!

We had split pea soup. Family didn't think it tasted "right". I said well it's different ham. If you want it to always taste the "same" buy a can!! JEEEEEEEEEZZ!! I am a home cook and things never taste the "same". If they want the Same they need to buy a can, a box or frozen and my life will be much easier!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I think someone else in this family needs to do the meal plans, shopping list, shoping, prep and cooking for awhile! Lets see what they come up with and I can complain every day!

OK Sorry rant over.

Needless to say no pictures tonight.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
if your food is unappreciated, toss a box of corn flakes thier way & guide them to where the milk is. maybe show them to the toaster & give 'em a loaf of bread & some jif.
they'll learn to not gripe @ your efforts, & quickly.
BTW, i luvvvv split-pea soup, & woulda luved a serving of yours!

buckytom

Grill Master
cc, your bbq chickie pizza looks great. i like the ones from california pizza kitchen.

nice ribs, mama.

norm, i could go for a bowl of your guk.

that reminds me of a funny incident at work. a good friend and coworker is a korean expat who thinks it's odd that an caucasian american like me loves korean food as much as i do.

i once boight korean seaweed soup, and while having it for lunch one day i asked him what you call it in korean.

he said, " me a gook."

lol, i asked again to clarify, and he responded more slowly and louder, "me a gook."

after laughing pretty hard about it, completely confusing my buddy, i looked up the name of the soup online.

apparently, seaweed soup is meeyok guk in korean, or me a gook if you say it fast. lol.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
if your food is unappreciated, toss a box of corn flakes thier way & guide them to where the milk is. maybe show them to the toaster & give 'em a loaf of bread & some jif.
Thank you luvs. I wish I could do that but .......................

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
but 'ya luv them. i know. :)

i sure as bleep wouldn't contend w/ that, though!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Awesome Mary!! :clap:

So glad you (and especially the kids) liked them! :thumb:

Great looking meals everyone. Mama, the ribs look stellar. I've never heard of that cut, but I want them!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks y'all!

I've done that before....IT WORKS!

that reminds me of a funny incident at work. a good friend and coworker is a korean expat who thinks it's odd that an caucasian american like me loves korean food as much as i do.

i once boight korean seaweed soup, and while having it for lunch one day i asked him what you call it in korean.

he said, " me a gook."

lol, i asked again to clarify, and he responded more slowly and louder, "me a gook."

after laughing pretty hard about it, completely confusing my buddy, i looked up the name of the soup online.

apparently, seaweed soup is meeyok guk in korean, or me a gook if you say it fast. lol.

:yum: :yum: :yum: I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that. :lol:

Great looking meals everyone. Mama, the ribs look stellar. I've never heard of that cut, but I want them!!

That was a first for me too. They looked good and at $2.28/lb they looked even better :lol: