Tuesday 5/24/11, What will make it's way to your plate?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
DidJa want thum?? Yu Cood Have Thum if ya want thum. they are the Mr's "T's" D O U G H B A L L I N T H E T U M M Y ..EEEEK!!!

Now what cha want...is Terrible Tina's Piraha's. :WitchBrewsSmiley:

I din't marry that Hungarian / German / Slovac / Scranton, PA Bred sweety for nuthin. Yeah?
She knows how to make the best Homemade Pierogi's ever.

And the finished ones gotta be laid out fer cookin, on the ironing board on clean towels.. hahahahaha.

BTW...I have to remind her we need to crank some more out soon.
I like the Saurkraut filled ones. Yummmmmm!

Out of her whole family...she is the only one (learning from her mother) that keeps up with tradition and makes all the Back Home Good Stuff!
Ya Know? Wow! I'm so lucky!

this 'lil miss picksburgher luvs pierogies. ohhhh, the polish market so nearby makes thier own. & they sell them abound in 'da burgh. my aunt makes them, too! i buy the freezer ones! usually cheddary ones.

Embryodad

OK...here is the chipped and fried ham in a little oil, and butter.
Added lots and lots of Black Pepper fresh grind., and now the toast and some butter is ready to pile on the ham.

24fb84f9.jpg

The Finished and piled up ham, and ready to eat as soon as the butter melts a little......Oh Believe me, I didn't wait too long!:wink:

Had that with grated red beets, and fresh grated Horseraddish.
My Goodness Gratious..It was like me eating the Earth. The aroma of the dirt that the Beets and Raddish grew in was amazing.
I felt like a Earthworm, but with a mouth like a Hippo!

Then came the ultimate treat! I dawned my KK Eating Hat...and Grabbed a coffee in my KK Kup...and had my 1/2 dozen of glazed Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. "Gee" I wonder why my keyboard is so "Sticky" .... I guess it gets that way from cooking and eating, and having My computer station in the kitchen. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

I just couldn't stop after one......:oops:
92d6f992.jpg

Boy am I tired now!
I was going to make a Banana Split with Vanilla Ice Cream, but that would be too much sweets for one day! I guess??

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
OK...here is the chipped and fried ham in a little oil, and butter.
Added lots and lots of Black Pepper fresh grind., and now the toast and some butter is ready to pile on the ham.

24fb84f9.jpg

The Finished and piled up ham, and ready to eat as soon as the butter melts a little......Oh Believe me, I didn't wait too long!:wink:

Had that with grated red beets, and fresh grated Horseraddish.
My Goodness Gratious..It was like me eating the Earth. The aroma of the dirt that the Beets and Raddish grew in was amazing.
I felt like a Earthworm, but with a mouth like a Hippo!

Then came the ultimate treat! I dawned my KK Eating Hat...and Grabbed a coffee in my KK Kup...and had my 1/2 dozen of glazed Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. "Gee" I wonder why my keyboard is so "Sticky" .... I guess it gets that way from cooking and eating, and having My computer station in the kitchen. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

I just couldn't stop after one......:oops:
92d6f992.jpg

Boy am I tired now!
I was going to make a Banana Split with Vanilla Ice Cream, but that would be too much sweets for one day! I guess??
HEY thats my dinner on your monitor!! LOL Nice paper hat jimmy!! Now I want a chocolate dunkin donut!! I miss the chocolate dunkin with toasted coconut on them from years ago now I can't get chocolate with regular coconut or my fav apple filling one either!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i got these yummy yummy ones @ 1 of the 'iggles, sour creme donuts. luscious. normally i dislike cake donuts. luved these ones, though!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful Peepers!

Nancy, I haven't had those fish fillets in years...I used to really like those...I'm gonna have to pick some up the next time I'm at the store.

I spent most of the day working in the yard so I just made us ham sandwiches on my homemade honey wheat bread with some chips

luv thatt sammich. the color of it is lovely! put your chips on 'yer sammiches. 'er beside?:D

Embryodad

Beautiful Peepers!

Nancy, I haven't had those fish fillets in years...I used to really like those...I'm gonna have to pick some up the next time I'm at the store.

I spent most of the day working in the yard so I just made us ham sandwiches on my homemade honey wheat bread with some chips
Mama...my mouth is quincing...I could taste those great looking tomatoes.
BTW...I love mayo so much..I like when it squishes out the sides of the sammich, and I get to lick it back. None will get wasted with my mouth engulfing the sammich.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Great looking dinners everyone. Peeps, I need to know how to make that sauce, It looks like it came from an oriental restaurant. And Mama...what can I say besides...I know EXACTLY how good that sammy tastes...DELICIOUS!!:yum:

Our dinner was delicious, even though a half a chicken carcass with stuffing, gravy, a Tupperware container of 2-day old potato salad and remnants of Saturday's apple crisp is not very photogenic. Not much goes to waste around here.

Embryodad

this 'lil miss picksburgher luvs pierogies. ohhhh, the polish market so nearby makes thier own. & they sell them abound in 'da burgh. my aunt makes them, too! i buy the freezer ones! usually cheddary ones.
Yeah! Mommy "Tina" makes the chedder and the ones I won't eat as a rogie..is the lekvar (Prune filling). Yeeuckkkk! I like prune, but more so in a danish.
I eat my rogies with sour cream don't cha know! ummmm. And fried onions and butter.

DD was in the P- Burgh last year..she has a friend that lives there.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
luv thatt sammich. the color of it is lovely! put your chips on 'yer sammiches. 'er beside?:D

Both!

Mama...my mouth is quincing...I could taste those great looking tomatoes.
BTW...I love mayo so much..I like when it squishes out the sides of the sammich, and I get to lick it back. None will get wasted with my mouth engulfing the sammich.

Thanks Jimmy! Those were some of the best tasting tomatoes I've ever gotten from a grocery store. I hope to have my own from the garden soon.

Great looking dinners everyone. Peeps, I need to know how to make that sauce, It looks like it came from an oriental restaurant. And Mama...what can I say besides...I know EXACTLY how good that sammy tastes...DELICIOUS!!:yum:

I can't thank you enough for all of your help Joe! You and several others here really gave me some great advice...now I just need to conquer that dadgum multi-grain bread :glare:

GotGarlic

We lost power in the storm and still don't have it back. Good news is that DH bought a generator last winter, so we have TV, Internet and lights. We also have a gas stove, so I made pan-seared chicken breasts sprinkled with lemon-pepper and garlic powder, served with box chicken stuffing with added sauteed celery and onions. Time for bed now. Take care, all.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's good to hear that you had that generator GG. We bought one a few years ago. We've only had to use it a couple of times but we sure were glad that we had it when we needed it. Anyway, I hope your power comes back on soon. Have they given you any idea when that will be?

mhend

You're welcome. :) Meant to ask - what kind of sauce do you use or make for your ribs? Looks very tasty.

I start with a dry rub of brown sugar, chile powder, cumin, salt and pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. I put it on a rack in a roasting pan and put a little apple cider vinegar and apple juice in the bottom of the pan (learned that trick from Keltin) cover with foil and cook at a low temp - 225 degrees for a couple of hours or until it becomes tender.

Then I usually use Sweet Baby Ray's sauce and put it on the grill for a few minutes until it gets a little char and the sauce sets.

I start with a dry rub of brown sugar, chile powder, cumin, salt and pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. I put it on a rack in a roasting pan and put a little apple cider vinegar and apple juice in the bottom of the pan (learned that trick from Keltin) cover with foil and cook at a low temp - 225 degrees for a couple of hours or until it becomes tender.

Then I usually use Sweet Baby Ray's sauce and put it on the grill for a few minutes until it gets a little char and the sauce sets.

:tiphat::chef:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
We did an Herb Roasted Pork Rib Roast with Garlic and Oil Noodles, Everglades Potatoes, and Garlic Bread Rollups.

Attachments

• s9b.jpg
    s9b.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 94

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah! Mommy "Tina" makes the chedder and the ones I won't eat as a rogie..is the lekvar (Prune filling). Yeeuckkkk! I like prune, but more so in a danish.
I eat my rogies with sour cream don't cha know! ummmm. And fried onions and butter.

DD was in the P- Burgh last year..she has a friend that lives there.

when the bars over @ the southside sell 'em fer $0.10/ea i get sour creme w/ 'em & 'at

my fam & i generally made onion/butter-fried ones

as i'm quite the 'lil rebel, i prefer beurre noisette on my p'rogies these days, lately

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Our dinner was delicious, even though a half a chicken carcass with stuffing, gravy, a Tupperware container of 2-day old potato salad and remnants of Saturday's apple crisp is not very photogenic. Not much goes to waste around here.

Thank you Joe. I used a long handled ice tea spoon to measure the cornstarch - 3 - 4 heapping ice tea spoons of cornstarch then added enough chicken broth to make a slurry. Made a hole in veggies in the middle of the cast iron pan and poured the slurry in. Turned fire up full and stirred till bubbling and very thick, stirred with the veggies and added chicken broth till the gravy thinned to desired thickness to coat veggies.

We had grilled ribs, fresh corn and tomato salad (for me) spinach salad for DH. The kids won't eat ribs, so they fish sticks.

View attachment 11852

OH LORD that looks good!! RThank you Mary and Keltin for the rib tip!!

We did an Herb Roasted Pork Rib Roast with Garlic and Oil Noodles, Everglades Potatoes, and Garlic Bread Rollups.
WOW Keltin that pork looks fantastic!! What herbs and such beside rosemary did you use?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
WOW Keltin that pork looks fantastic!! What herbs and such beside rosemary did you use?

Thanks Peeps. In a bowl I mixed Olive Oil, Minced Garlic, Thyme, Rosemary, cracked Black Pepper, and a little salt. I whisked it, then rubbed it all over the roast and let it sit covered for 2 hours so that it came to room temp and "marinated" a bit before going in the oven.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps. In a bowl I mixed Olive Oil, Minced Garlic, Thyme, Rosemary, cracked Black Pepper, and a little salt. I whisked it, then rubbed it all over the roast and let it sit covered for 2 hours so that it came to room temp and "marinated" a bit before going in the oven.
Thank you Keltin. I cut up a boneless pork loin the last time they were on sale. I will use that rub with the next one because I don't think this one will be thawed with enough time to marinade for 2 hours. BTW do you think if I mix that marinade up and up it in a food saver with a hunk of pork seal and freeze it would be good? Or would you marinade in fridge then freeze? Or neiter just wait till thaw then marinade? LOL Lotsa Q's sorry.