Toscano’s

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last night was a disappointment to say the least. It took forever to get served and when we did our meals were under the heat lamp to long and had like a crust on them. Nancy’s salmon had no flavour, Amelia’s pasta was dried out, and my ribeye was well done And covered with to much blue cheese, I think to hide the blackened state of the steak. I ate it but complained. It was to late to ask for another. The waiter took the steak off the bill. the place was packed as is to be expected at the start of the Christmas season.

That stinks, John, and it was your birthday dinner, too!

Bummer.

Lee

Johnny West

We spent yesterday going to Seattle to VA Hospital, again, over 4 hours in hospital, and drive home so stopped at Toscano’s for an early dinner. Everything was very good, but my wife, as she is want to do, ordered something she wasn’t happy with… it gets old. She ordered the lobster thermador with ravioli and said it was to heavy with mustard and couldn’t taste the lobster.

6F15C3E7-A3DA-4EE1-A2A2-63B804C105A2.jpeg

Johnny West

Prices have gone up and portions smaller in some dishes.

I’m not sure what Nancy had but she liked it. The flat bread pizza was an appetizer and had Rainier cherries and wild boar on it. I had one piece and it was tasty. We brought most of it home. She had à watermelon salad, too.

I had a grilled Caesar salad that was just ok - not as good as mine.

IMG_6051.jpegIMG_6050.jpegIMG_6052.jpeg

Johnny West

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Im about done here. The steaks are a thinner cut and last night’s was well done - i ordered medium rare. The waitron offered to get me another and i was gracious and said no. I didnt want to wait. She knew it was wrong when she brought it to the table.

View attachment 66169
Seems like that place is hit or miss, but mostly miss from your previous dining experience there.
😕
I sure wouldn't go back.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Im about done here. The steaks are a thinner cut and last night’s was well done - i ordered medium rare. The waitron offered to get me another and i was gracious and said no. I didnt want to wait. She knew it was wrong when she brought it to the table.

View attachment 66169
Wow, that looks VERY skinny and well-done!

That's too bad, John. Did she take it off the bill?

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Reminds me of the time years ago, when Tonda and I went to Old City Prime in Lima.
The steak prices, in fact everything was omg outrageous.
I think we went back one other time, but sure as hell did NOT get a steak.