Craig loves a roasted garlic tartar sauce from a Disney resort chef that I make. It was originally made to pair with blackened grouper.
+/- 1/2 cup roasted garlic cloves (about 2 medium heads)
1-1/2 cups mayo
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish, can use dill, drained on paper towels
1 tablespoon fine diced onion
1 tablespoon fine diced red bell
1 tablespoon fine diced green bell
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons white wine
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 425F (we use our toaster oven)
2) Cut off top of heads and drizzle the exposed cloves with olive oil and wrap each head in foil.
3) Roast until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Less if you use a convection oven.
4) Completely cool, squeeze garlic out, mash until smooth and place in a bowl.
5) Add remainder of ingredients, mix until well blended and refrigerate for at least an hour to meld flavors (better the next day).
NOTE: I only add half the wine at first so it doesn't get too thin depending on how well pickle relish is drained, brand of mayo used, amount of and moisture content in garlic.