Smoked Sauasge w/Vegetables (Outdoor DO)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Incredible! Very nice addition with the bacon, and wonderful pic!! I'm going to have to try this with bacon now! Thanks!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Did this one again, but this time indoors. I used my oil-core electric skillet for this one. As always, cook the potatoes and carrots (and onions if desired) together for 30 or so minutes. Then add beer and sausage. Cook another 15 or so minutes until sausage is plump and ready to pop. Plate the veggies on a large platter. Then slice the sausage on a bias and add to the plate. This is another great “Date night” plate that is wonderful when shared during a movie. Just watch out for fork battles! :lol:

For this, we used baby Dutch potatoes and baby carrots. The left over potatoes make GREAT smashed and fried (Cuban) potatoes!!

Step_1-51.jpg

sTEP_2-49.jpg

Step_3-42.jpg

Step_4-37.jpg

Step_5-30.jpg

chowhound

lol, funny you should bring this up again. I took some kielbasa out of the freezer last night in anticipation of making this tonight :^)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
lol, funny you should bring this up again. I took some kielbasa out of the freezer last night in anticipation of making this tonight :^)

:lol: Excellent! Are you still adding bacon to it? I forgot to try that this time.

chowhound

Why yes I am! I just posted it in the dinner thread. Some Sugardale bacon, which has a nice smoky flavor to it. Just a "little" ;^)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
My neighbor found a couple of old stainless steel pots on the side of the road. They are in really good shape. The largest one has an old ratty looking aluminum lid, so I don’t think it’s the original, but it works fine.

We decided to dedicate the pots to outdoor cooking. I cleaned the largest, and then prepped it for this sausage and veggie recipe.

We started a fire in the pit, then used coals from the fire in a 12” Weber (Smokey Joe) as the “stove”. I placed the pot on the grill and let it sit for 35 minutes with just the veggies (potatoes, carrots, onions, & mushrooms) and 1 can of beer. After that, I added the sausage and let it sit another 20 minutes. Then we dished it up on camp style plates and ate around the fire. It's still a bit chilly at night (55-65), but I’m really getting back into the outdoor summer thing! :biggrin:

Step1-35.jpg

Step2-30.jpg

Step3-25.jpg

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Quit your engineering job and become a photographer. lol

Looks like something I want to make soon. Thanks, Keltin.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Here is the oven rendition of this.

For this, put the veggies (potatoes, carrots, onions, and mushrooms) in s roaster. Add oil and seasoning. Toss well.

Roast covered for 20 minutes, then uncovered for 10 at 375 degrees.

Add beer and smoked sausage, then cook covered another 15-20 minutes.

Slice the sausage on a bias, and serve on a large platter with the veggies. Bring two forks to the table along with some crusty bread and enjoy with your loving SO!

Attachments

• dp1.jpg
    dp1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 141
  • dp2.jpg
    dp2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 144
  • dp3.jpg
    dp3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 147
  • dp4.jpg
    dp4.jpg