Rob Roy, anyone?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
How about a nice Rob Roy?? It's my favourite winter drink..

3 parts scotch - I use Johnny Walker Red for mixing
1 part sweet vermouth
dash of bitters
a marachino cherry

They taste just like a holiday!

I love them neat, but usually have to have ice so I don't :oops::oops::oops:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I can't say that I have ever had one. Sounds like it would be a strong warm you up drink! Thanks Vera!

Calicolady

Nope, me neither. Can't handle brown liquor. Oh what a lie.
In the day Southern Comfort, Bourbon, Apple Jack.
Alas, those days are but a foggy memory.

waybomb

What other poisons engage you?

I haven't had 151. I am guessing as with most other liquors, the very best are special runs and one needs to know somebody in the business to get the very best.

And I know a major player in the liquor biz in ChiTown! I get all kinda goodies at cost. I'll have to ask him about rums.

For the past few years, I have been on a red wine discovery trip and a limited-edition Tequila journey. Who'd have thunk Tequila could be so good straight up, no ice, no lime, no salt. no nuthin.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Been a long time since I have had much in the way of alcohol... an occasional beer here, a glass of wine there, maybe a Midori Sour or some other tropical drink. Never more than one, two max other wise massive med problems and heartburn!

But man, when I was a teenager... a fifth of CC was candy to me, JD never lasted long around me either! LOL. And anybody remember Purple Passion? Had the everclear in it...woo hoo!
Best night I ever had (or so I was told by my friends as I don't much remember it) started with a 2 liter of purple passion all to myself, then 6 beers, then we hit the concert. 4 shots JD, then a pint of Nighttrain, then 4 more beers, then 4 shots CC... then I was waking up and it was the afternoon of the next day! LOL.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Scotch tastes like soap to me and reminds me of my mother when I was a kid. My best bud drinks rusty nails another bad scotch drink... :yuk:

FryBoy

I always use 3 or 4 parts Highland Park 18-Year-Old or Lagavulin 16-Year-Old, and leave out the bitters, vermouth, cherries, and ice. Much better that way.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I always use 3 or 4 parts Highland Park 18-Year-Old or Lagavulin 16-Year-Old, and leave out the bitters, vermouth, cherries, and ice. Much better that way.

If you have no interest in a Rob Roy.....?????:huh:

FryBoy

I are a simple man, and I likes what I likes, which doesn't include many mixed drinks, other than a Margarita or a good Bloody Mary. Well, maybe a Manhattan now and then. Or a Gin & Tonic on a hot day -- but God gave the Scots their whisky to be drunk neat.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
That's why I'm so pleased I woke up in America this morning....no such thing as a bad drink or a wrong drink...just lots and lots of different drinks and lots and lots of preferences, none of which are wrong.

Madame says ' a preference can never be wrong, just different'.