Raspberry/Jalapeno Glazed Pork Chops

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Okay...this is a real winner!

P4080535-1.jpg

4 thick cut pork chops (I used pork loin chops)
1 tablespoon of bacon grease
1 tablespoon of Raspberry Fruit Spread
1 tablespoon of Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
Salt and Pepper

In a small bowl, mix together the raspberry spread and the jalapeno jelly. Set aside.

Lightly Salt and pepper the pork chops. In a large oven safe skillet, melt the bacon grease. Add the pork chops, brown them on one side, flip and spread the jelly mixture evenly over the top. Once the pork chops have browned on the other side, place you pan under the broiler to thicken up the glaze.

Trust me on this one...You're gonna need to serve some kind of bread with this because you're gonna wanna sop up every bit of the juice in the pan. :thumb:

P4080530-1.jpg

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
This looks great

Suzi, you might want to use this glaze on your chicken.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
change up the raspberry preserves for apricot preserves... another great layer of flavor...also good on pork loin and chicken

i gotta find some pepper jelly around here..lol

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
And the bacon grease adds a whole nother layer of flavor!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
You know, next time I think I'll use an extra tablespoon of bacon drippings, remove the pork chops and just put the jelly and preserves into the pan and reduce that into a sauce to pour over the chops. YUM!

simplicity

Mama, that looks so good! I know that pepper jelly - crackers with cream cheese and pepper jelly on top, one of my favorite snacks.

I had not thought of using it in other ways. Thank you so much for the recipe. I already know I'm going to like it.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
You're welcome....Don't forget the bacon drippings...it's like icing on the cake!