Polish Chili

homecook

This is a recipe my grandmother handed down since I was a kid. I call it Polish Chili because I think I was in my 30's before I realized chili doesn't have potatoes in it. :ohmy: But my grandmother always called it chili. So here it is.

1-1/2 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, diced or use 2 T. dried onions
3 medium potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
1 can kidney beans undrained
2 cans tomato soup plus 2 soup cans water
1 T. chili powder
1 T. paprika
salt and pepper

Brown ground beef with onions. Drain. Add tomato soup and water. Add chili powder and paprika. Put in potatoes and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until thickened. Add kidney beans and simmer for another 15-30 minutes.
(the chili powder and paprika are est. I just dump to cover the top of the pot, do it to taste)

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, looking at the title i thought it might be a joke... ya know, something like just a bowel of icewater (chilly), no meat, no beans.

ahem, but otherwise, it looks good homey. thanks. i'll be trying this one this summer. probably in the crock pot.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I wondered what sort of polish was going to be used - wax, shoe ???

homecook

This is a recipe my grandmother handed down since I was a kid. I call it Polish Chili because I think I was in my 30's before I realized chili doesn't have potatoes in it. :ohmy: But my grandmother always called it chili. So here it is.

1-1/2 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, diced or use 2 T. dried onions
3 medium potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
1 can kidney beans undrained
2 cans tomato soup plus 2 soup cans water
1 T. chili powder
1 T. paprika
salt and pepper

Brown ground beef with onions. Drain. Add tomato soup and water. Add chili powder and paprika. Put in potatoes and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until thickened. Add kidney beans and simmer for another 15-30 minutes.
(the chili powder and paprika are est. I just dump to cover the top of the pot, do it to taste)

Pic added.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 305

buckytom

Grill Master
what, no rye bread???

chadz tutaj!!!!!! :bangin:

lol, looks good homey. that'd happily fill a few bellies at st. stan's.

now stuff some in a steamed bell pepper, and i'll be right over.

Lefty

Yank
Sounds good to me too, I was always a fan of dumping a spoon of chili over a baked potato, so this would work for me.

Thanks

Deelady

That looks very tasty!! esp with the buttered white bread!! A meal to bring you back to your childhood! :D Will def be making soon!!
Thank HC!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Looks delish, HC. Copied and saved to my recipe file for when the weather cools off.

homecook

Ohhh, so THAT's how you spell Babsha!

Looks good, Barb, but I'll have to chop up some kielbasa to toss in there.

Lee

Now that sounds good!

My grandma might kick me in the dupa, if she were alive, God bless her soul...I'm as much Polish as the other 56 varieties running through my blood.:thumb:

I have a license plate in the back window of my car that says "You bet your sweet dupa I'm Polish". It's bright yellow with red lettering. LOL

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Actually looking at it again - it might one my boys will go for - they are not that keen on Mexican chilli.

buckytom

Grill Master
don't ask about their water polo or ice hockey teams...

hey, don't they have a big chicken with a crown on their flag, too?

homecook

Now that IS Polish.
Aren't their colors red and white?

:lol:

:mrgreen:

Actually looking at it again - it might one my boys will go for - they are not that keen on Mexican chilli.

Give it a try!

don't ask about their water polo or ice hockey teams...

hey, don't they have a big chicken with a crown on their flag, too?

bucky!!!!! :twak:

Polish women are THE most beautiful in the world.

What a nice thing to say.........your wife is Polish isn't she??