Pesto Pinwheels

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, RM!

I've posted the recipe for those of us who prefer not to click on links that might disappear at some point.

Lee

Pesto Puff Pastry Appetizers

Servings: 9 appetizers

Calories: 231kcal

Author: Julia Pinney

Ingredients​

• 1 sheet puff pastry
  • 1/3 cup pesto
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
  • 2 tbsp butter melted
  • 2 cloves garlic crushed
  • 2 tsp fresh chopped basil or parsley

Instructions​

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees f/180 degrees c. Have ready a large baking tray or two. (if needed)
  • In a small saucepan sert over medium heat, add the butter and garlic. Let it sizzle for a minute and remove from heat. Add either the parsley or basil and set aside.
  • Unroll the cold sheet of puff pastry and cut into 9 equal squares. Mine were 4 x 4 inches (10 x 10 cm).
  • Using a small sharp knife, cut a one inch slit from each corner towards the center.
  • Place the puff pastry squares on sheet of parchment paper on the baking tray. Place a teaspoon of pesto in the center of each pastry square and top with about a teaspoon of parmesan cheese.
  • Fold in one corner of each triangle towards the center. When all four are folded in firmly press them together so they don't come apart during baking.
  • Brush the pastries with garlic butter and a small sprinkling of parmesan cheese. Bake for approximately 15 - 18 minutes until golden and puffed up.
  • Remove from oven and leave on a tray to cool for just a few minutes. Can be served immediately or at room temperature.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Thanks, RM!

I've posted the recipe for those of us who prefer not to click on links that might disappear at some point.

Lee

Pesto Puff Pastry Appetizers

Servings: 9 appetizers

Calories: 231kcal

Author: Julia Pinney

Ingredients​

• 1 sheet puff pastry
  • 1/3 cup pesto
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
  • 2 tbsp butter melted
  • 2 cloves garlic crushed
  • 2 tsp fresh chopped basil or parsley

Instructions​

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees f/180 degrees c. Have ready a large baking tray or two. (if needed)
  • In a small saucepan sert over medium heat, add the butter and garlic. Let it sizzle for a minute and remove from heat. Add either the parsley or basil and set aside.
  • Unroll the cold sheet of puff pastry and cut into 9 equal squares. Mine were 4 x 4 inches (10 x 10 cm).
  • Using a small sharp knife, cut a one inch slit from each corner towards the center.
  • Place the puff pastry squares on sheet of parchment paper on the baking tray. Place a teaspoon of pesto in the center of each pastry square and top with about a teaspoon of parmesan cheese.
  • Fold in one corner of each triangle towards the center. When all four are folded in firmly press them together so they don't come apart during baking.
  • Brush the pastries with garlic butter and a small sprinkling of parmesan cheese. Bake for approximately 15 - 18 minutes until golden and puffed up.
  • Remove from oven and leave on a tray to cool for just a few minutes. Can be served immediately or at room temperature.
Thank you!