Still trying to get it right.
Peep's Pressure Cooker Saffron and Mushroom Risotto
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 1 c. arborio rice
- 2 1/4 c. chicken stock
- Pinch to 1/8 tsp ground dry porcini mushrooms (optional)
- 1/4 - 1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms (I used 8 white button mushrooms but you may use whatever variety or a combination of mushrooms you like)
- Pinch to Scant 1/8 tsp crushed saffron (not much more than a pinch of threads)
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper (I use a 4 peppercorn blend)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 TBSP butter
- ¼ cup fresh grated cheese (1/8 c. parmesan and 1/8 c. romano)
- Sauté mushrooms in 2 - 4 TBSP butter (more or less butter to your liking); set aside.
- Heat the oil in pressure cooker over high heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- Add the stock (dry porcini mushrooms if using) and saffron.
- Cover and bring to high pressure over high heat.
- Reduce heat to stabilize pressure and cook 7 minutes.
- Quick-release pressure and remove cover.
- Stir in ground pepper, salt, butter, Romano and Parmesan cheeses.
- Add mushrooms at the end.
- Let sit for 2 minutes before serving.