Oyster's Rockefeller

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
"
I just cannot imagine trying a shooter. Or on the halfshell.
"

well, , , , I grew up on the Delaware Bay. Cousins grew up on the Chesapeake Bay.
in 'joint fishing expeditions' they'd snag an oyster, pop it open on the row boat, and schluck it down.
no. that did not appeal to me.

then . . . one fine Mother's Day Sunday brunch, my son-in-law started schlucking down oysters on the half-shell, and being a male . . . could not let that out do me. and the on-the-half-shell were absolutely delicious.

I find the cold water, more sea salty types more delicious.

so, close your eyes, try one.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
"
I just cannot imagine trying a shooter. Or on the halfshell.
"

well, , , , I grew up on the Delaware Bay. Cousins grew up on the Chesapeake Bay.
in 'joint fishing expeditions' they'd snag an oyster, pop it open on the row boat, and schluck it down.
no. that did not appeal to me.

then . . . one fine Mother's Day Sunday brunch, my son-in-law started schlucking down oysters on the half-shell, and being a male . . . could not let that out do me. and the on-the-half-shell were absolutely delicious.

I find the cold water, more sea salty types more delicious.

so, close your eyes, try one.

See, the "cold water, more sea salty types " is almost as difficult for me to get past as the phelmy texture. Ick.

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I had angels on horseback once in England and liked them, only because Steve's Dad told me I would. He also told me to try the eels on the coast.
Some guy was selling them off a cart down south.
Uhhh no.

Johnny West

Tonight’s oyster stew… milk, butter, salt and pepper. I have enough left for another bowl tomorrow.

IMG_7115.jpeg

IMG_7117.jpeg
IMG_7122.jpeg