Ox Yolk Inn

Johnny West

Today, after we buried my brother’s ashes we drove to Amana and ate at the Ox Yolk, a restaurant my family has been going to since 1945 when dad and uncles came back from the war. It’s a family tradition to eat here after funerals. It would have meant a lot to Mickey to know we went here. The meal can be served family style where they bring out sides normally served with a main entree. We had the full boat to include sauerkraut, coleslaw, pickled beets, cottage cheese, and pickled ham. I’ve not had walleye in decades, that’s what I got, and it was okay.

IMG_9497.jpegIMG_9502.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Today, after we buried my brother’s ashes we drove to Amana and ate at the Ox Yolk, a restaurant my family has been going to since 1945 when dad and uncles came back from the war. It’s a family tradition to eat here after funerals. It would have meant a lot to Mickey to know we went here. The meal can be served family style where they bring out sides normally served with a main entree. We had the full boat to include sauerkraut, coleslaw, pickled beets, cottage cheese, and pickled ham. I’ve not had walleye in decades, that’s what I got, and it was okay.

View attachment 67098View attachment 67099

Sounds like a comforting place to be.

Lee