Oven Fried Squash

Meme4251

If I put sliced seasoned squash in flour, then egg and pat with bread crumbs, probably panko and put in oven, will it come out fried like or will it be kinda of soggy and blah? Also, how long would I need to bake and what temp? Thanks

homecook

In my opinion they should come out crispy. I've baked alot of things in the oven with a breading like that.

I would say about 375 degrees, maybe 20-30 minutes. Check on them, they could go fast.

Meme4251

thanks and will let you know how they turn out. Would take pics but of course, my camera is out of batteries and my car is in the shop for repairs. Will let you know and again, thanks. sh

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm also interested to see how this worked out, Meme. I usually just roast or saute squash with butter and onions in a skillet, but I need to branch out.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
You could do it...but it wouldn't be my first choice. I'd peel it, par bake it, slice it, flour, egg, breadcrumb and then pan fry it.

Meme4251

well, didn't fix them last night. Plan on doing tonight along with a bbq sirloin, bake potatoes, salad and rolls. Yes Vera, I am like you, usually I would fry them but I was looking for a way to not have to stand over the stove all evening doing them....lazy, you think? Have other things I would much rather do. Always looking for something easy but good. Will let yall know.

Meme4251

had them last night and yes, was sort of soggy even though they were browned and crispy looking from the bread crumbs. Oh well, atleast I gave it a shot but next time will fry in oil like I usually do.

Meme4251

Lee, now, don't laugh....LOL.......I'm laughing at myself...Do not know what kind it was! It wasn't zucchini, yellow or white. Sounded like some kinda of spanish squash...It's shaped like zucchini and yellow and the color like zucchini but I have no clue much less why I picked those up. I prefer white but never can get them here at HEB nor Walmart which are the only 2 grocery stores in our town and my next preference is the zucchini but those are usually too small and I do not like standing over the stove or deep fryer for that length of time....Lazy, I guess. Think the squash started with a "C" if that means anything...I really didn't care for the taste really. It was ok but wouldn't buy it again.