New guy here

LastManStanding

Hello everyone, heard about this forum today, and joined within a few minutes! Came for Luckytrim's cartoons, and decided to stay. :)
I'm from Sri Lanka, a small island nation in the Indian ocean. Not much of an "experienced cook" but I love to read about food and learn new things.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome, LastMan! Looking forward to hearing about your favorite dishes, whether you cook them yourself or just enjoy eating them!

Lee

LastManStanding

Glad you made it LMS !! Right off, you'll discover that our Food Pics are much easier to look at than at "That Other Site" ............ Poke around and join in wherever .............
Yeah, things here are larger in size. Thanks for showing me this site.
vBulletin has a tough competition from Xenforo in that regard. Also more options I guess. I was on this site more than the "other site" yesterday.

LastManStanding

How you doing? I’ll have to google dishes from Sri Lanka. I’m always game to try new things.
There's a few dishes that's Sri Lankan. But ingredients such as cinnamon are what the country is better known for. Sri Lankan cuisine is a mixture of purely local, Indian, and many other cuisines. Today those purely Sri Lankan dishes are only (mostly) cooked for the new year and other special occasions. I'll try to post about some of them later 😃

Johnny West

There's a few dishes that's Sri Lankan. But ingredients such as cinnamon are what the country is better known for. Sri Lankan cuisine is a mixture of purely local, Indian, and many other cuisines. Today those purely Sri Lankan dishes are only (mostly) cooked for the new year and other special occasions. I'll try to post about some of them later 😃
I like cinnamon in lamb roast. This one time I ate in a Turkish restaurant in Framingham, Mass. and had a lamb shoulder dish with a sauce that had cinnamon. It was very good and never had anything like it again. I do love a good curry.

LastManStanding

I like cinnamon in lamb roast. This one time I ate in a Turkish restaurant in Framingham, Mass. and had a lamb shoulder dish with a sauce that had cinnamon. It was very good and never had anything like it again. I do love a good curry.
I think Sri lankan cinnamon is the highest quality found anywhere in the world. It's usually known as Ceylon cinnamon. It's grown in the down south of the country.