My Label Looks Like My Grandpa's Cough Syrup (But My Wine is Delicious!)

Edward.G

Hey everyone,

I'm launching my own small batch winery and I'm super excited about my wines! But... I'm having some trouble with the labels. I designed them myself and while they have all the legal info, they look a bit, well... dated. Think stuffy font and a landscape picture of a vineyard.

The problem is, there are so many cool wine labels out there now. I know people judge a book by its cover (or in this case, a bottle by its label) and I don't want my delicious wines to get overlooked because my labels look like they belong in a retirement home.

Anyone have any tips for designing wine labels that are eye-catching but still classy? Or maybe know of some good resources for getting help with design?

Thanks!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Upon searching your query, there are answers easily Googled.
Upon further searching, you may want to wait and see if the folks on the other forum answer you, GaryHyslop.🙄

Edward.G

Upon searching your query, there are answers easily Googled.
Upon further searching, you may want to wait and see if the folks on the other forum answer you, GaryHyslop.🙄
You're right there is a lot of information out there. I was hoping to hear from some fellow wine enthusiasts who might have some specific recommendations or personal experiences. In the meantime, I'll definitely keep searching online!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I will say it again here. Only neophytes buy wine for the label.

I’ve never heard of a real vintner coming to a home cooks’ forum for advice. There are only 2 people on this site that are into wine, and only 1 on the other site you asked, and the one is an overlap between the two (me).

If you are who you say you are, go to some of the WSET sites and get some proper advice. You may run into me there, too.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Do you mean stuffy like this? If so, I'll take stuffy.
1719843902297.png

Harold

I hear you! Eye-catching labels are key these days. I love that your wines are delicious, but even the best stuff needs a modern presentation. Check out this resource linked here for some design tips and ideas to create labels that are classy and current. Good luck with your launch!