Local beers of other countries !

BigAl

Do you have a favorite ?
Mine is "Balboa Ice" in Panama . 3.2% alcohol content . Perfect for the hot humid weather of Panama . You can drink them all day and it will not make you drunk or dehydate you . I buy them by the case at what we call the "Beer Pier" on the other Island . $7.35 a case for 24 long necks . You pull up in your boat and place your order . A few minutes later a local dudes comes rolling out as many cases as you want in any of the local brands .

Panama loves its beer and make several brands . IF you are paying more than 50 cents for a beer ,your in the wrong bar !!!. Better yet just show up at the house and I'll give you a cold one . I like my beer so cold , that when you pop the cap ,ice forms in the neck .Panama is the only place I drink beer !!!

RNE228

Do you have a favorite ?
Mine is "Balboa Ice" in Panama . 3.2% alcohol content . Perfect for the hot humid weather of Panama . You can drink them all day and it will not make you drunk or dehydate you . I buy them by the case at what we call the "Beer Pier" on the other Island . $7.35 a case for 24 long necks . You pull up in your boat and place your order . A few minutes later a local dudes comes rolling out as many cases as you want in any of the local brands .

Panama loves its beer and make several brands . IF you are paying more than 50 cents for a beer ,your in the wrong bar !!!. Better yet just show up at the house and I'll give you a cold one . I like my beer so cold , that when you pop the cap ,ice forms in the neck .Panama is the only place I drink beer !!!

I drank Imperial in Costa Rica; pretty nice for a lighter brew. I really like sitting on the beach in Mazatlan, drinking Pacifico fresh from the brewery.

Otherwise, I have 10 gallons of maple ale, and 5 gallons of blond ale, fermenting in the dining room:beer: A week ago, between three of us, we brewed 40 gallons of beer:tiphat:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Panama is the only place I drink beer !!!

No wonder you are extra excited to get back down there. :D

What great prices. More and more I see why moving there sounds like a great option.

RNE228

What kind of brew... did you brew? :)

I brewed two types. One was an all grain based "maple syrup ale". There is just enough maple syrup where you can smell hints of it in the final beer. My second beer was and extract based Blond Ale(loosely based on a Scotch ale).

With my setup, I can brew an extract batch, while my all grain batch is mashing.

My other buddy did a porter, and another mild ale, both extract based.

In a couple weeks, it will all go in kegs. We use 5 gallon soda cylinders to keg.

This is the Blond Ale we brewed from a store "kit". A freind of mine started this store some years back.
http://www.folsombrewmeister.com/servlet/-strse-214/Big-Blond-Ale/Detail

I make up about half of the recipes I make. The other half I get from friends, the brew store, or Charlie Pappazian's books.