Let's talk about our pets.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh my God, I love your big dog! He looks so much like a dog my family "shared" with the real owners. Tim spent as much time at our house as he did in his own, and we loved him to pieces. I wish I had your dog, RM! Snoop, right?

Lee

Tim with bone, 1969.JPG

Tim.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We adopted a dog today. You may be aware that we had two dogs, but our old man died in December. We decided it was time
For a playmate for Sophie, and have been looking as rescues, shelters.

I stumbled across a 7year old Morkie female that needed a new home. She is healthy, shots up to date, spayed, microchipped, house trained, etc. And adorable.

I contacted the owners and they came to visit for a playdate yesterday. They took her home afterward. Today they called and wanted another visit. This time they stayed for a while then went out for an ice cream to see how she would be alone with us and Sophie. They called from the ice cream shop and thought it would be better if they just left her with us and went home.

So they left her with us permanently. We are in shock. What we learned from our two meetings with them is that this is HIS dog. She adores him, and he adores her. But the wife has decided that the dog is cramping her lifestyle. She wants to party, go boating, spend winters in Florida and summers in Boston, travel, etc. But she feels tied down by the dog. So she insisted he get rid of the dog. She basically told us this today. Both he and the dog are heartbroken.

If we didn’t take her, she would end up in a shelter or a rescue environment. She is adorable, but very sad. She keeps looking for daddy. Sophie keeps trying to comfort her. Our hearts are breaking for her and her daddy, but she is better off with us than in a shelter.

I don’t understand how heartless and selfish that woman is. How do you give away a member of your family after 7 years? And how do you do that to your husband?

Here are some pics.
IMG_3375.jpeg
IMG_3375.jpeg
IMG_3383.jpeg
IMG_3384.jpeg
IMG_3385.jpeg
IMG_3386.jpeg
IMG_3391.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We adopted a dog today. You may be aware that we had two dogs, but our old man died in December. We decided it was time
For a playmate for Sophie, and have been looking as rescues, shelters.

I stumbled across a 7year old Morkie female that needed a new home. She is healthy, shots up to date, spayed, microchipped, house trained, etc. And adorable.

I contacted the owners and they came to visit for a playdate yesterday. They took her home afterward. Today they called and wanted another visit. This time they stayed for a while then went out for an ice cream to see how she would be alone with us and Sophie. They called from the ice cream shop and thought it would be better if they just left her with us and went home.

So they left her with us permanently. We are in shock. What we learned from our two meetings with them is that this is HIS dog. She adores him, and he adores her. But the wife has decided that the dog is cramping her lifestyle. She wants to party, go boating, spend winters in Florida and summers in Boston, travel, etc. But she feels tied down by the dog. So she insisted he get rid of the dog. She basically told us this today. Both he and the dog are heartbroken.

If we didn’t take her, she would end up in a shelter or a rescue environment. She is adorable, but very sad. She keeps looking for daddy. Sophie keeps trying to comfort her. Our hearts are breaking for her and her daddy, but she is better off with us than in a shelter.

I don’t understand how heartless and selfish that woman is. How do you give away a member of your family after 7 years? And how do you do that to your husband?

Here are some pics. View attachment 64930View attachment 64930View attachment 64931View attachment 64932View attachment 64933View attachment 64934View attachment 64935

A terrible story with a happy ending! Judy is obviously on cloud 9, LOL! Now your new baby has TWO people and a furry sibling that love her so soon she'll be happier than she's ever been!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
My miniature Dachshund Heidi, whom we had in my first marriage - was also adopted, by us ...from the original owner.
Kind of a similar situation.
The husband of the original people who bought Heidi off the breeder loved her.
The wife did not. She kept her shut in the laundry room all day because she never wanted her in the first place. When the husband came home from work at night, that's the ONLY time Heidi had human interaction.
Some people should not be pet owners.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Kathy, did you and Judy give that beautiful dog a different name?
Or did you keep her name the same as you knew it?