4 potatoes
2 T cubed bacon
3 eggyolks
cornstarch
1 T chopped parsley
1 T chopped chives
salt
nutmeg

cook potatoes in salt water, drain and put into hot oven for about 5-10min to dry them out.
squeeze through a press into a bowl.
add the cubed bacon, eggyolks, cornstarch, parsley and chives and mix well.
Season with Salt and nutmeg.

put the dough an a floured board and form a roll of a radius of a bit less than an inch.
cut into small slices (ca. 1/2 inch) and frye in butter oil.

Use as a side dish with everything roasted or just enjoy with a salad ;o)

cara

urmaniac,
the original recipe doesn't say anything about that, but it tastes better when it's fried..

CharlieD

I think I'd go with flour instead of starch. The dish is either Polish or Ukrainian, so flour sounds like more plausible ingredient to use.

urmaniac46

The dish is either Polish or Ukrainian, so flour sounds like more plausible ingredient to use.

Its name "Kartoffelplaetzchen" suggests clearly it's a German recipe. Actually German cuisine has a lot in common with Polish and possibly Ukrainian, with heavy use of potatoes and they can be pretty creative with repartoires with potatoes. Just like Mediterranean-Turkish-Middle Eastern cuisine have a lot in common and often unclear exactly which country some recipe originate from...

cara

I think I'd go with flour instead of starch. The dish is either Polish or Ukrainian, so flour sounds like more plausible ingredient to use.

as Urmaniac said, it's a german recipe... potatoes are a cheap and available, so in past people had to survive with potatoes ;o)
no pasta, no rice and almost no meat in the days before the 1950's