I did it ☺️

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I have wanted for YEARS (at least 20) to get a license to sell baked goods out of my home. In Washington State, that’s very hard to do…..legally. I know quite a few who got caught without licenses, state inspections, permits who had to pay hefty fines. Some even jail time.
So, after we moved here to Arizona, I looked into their laws….

I am now proud to say that in the state of Arizona, I am legally able to sell low carb/keto/gluten free to the public out of my own kitchen ☺️. I can post on FB groups to take orders. I cannot however sell from booths like at Farmers Markets or in parking lots (darn it lol). Plus the experience I received working in a bakery this past year has taught me a lot!
Once our finances have settled from selling/buying our homes, moving expenses (that’s a nightmare story for another time!) I will begin getting set up with supplies. I’m so excited to venture into a new chapter of my life ❤️

Ginny

smileys-applause-380860.gif
Wow! So happy for you! Maybe a tad jealous too!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sharon, you're going to have to think of a catchy name for your business, unless you already have.
You're going to do very well!
Keto, low carb and gluten free are hot right now, home baked goods, I would think most people would prefer that to mass produced store bought!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
There is a Keto bakery here on the outskirts of town on Route 66. Buzz and I stopped in to check it out. They have been in business for about 2 years. I bought a muffin and Buzz got a small loaf of banana bread.
Needless to say we were not impressed by the banana bread. It tasted like nothing and used a horrible banana extract. He said my recipes were better. My muffin was okay.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Sharon, you're going to have to think of a catchy name for your business, unless you already have.
You're going to do very well!
Keto, low carb and gluten free are hot right now, home baked goods, I would think most people would prefer that to mass produced store bought!
Do you, Lee or anyone else have any suggestions? ❤️

Ginny

That's nice, @rickismom. My hold-back would be that everything seems to be "alphabet" these days?

I was trying to think of something "fun," they say if it evokes emotions, people are more likely to remember it. Like the local cake shop, "Nothing Bundt Cakes". Fun.

This is NOT it, but...my train of thought...Home-baked not Half-baked... :ROFLMAO: Healthy-baked Goods...

Harold

Congratulations!! That's a huge accomplishment and it sounds like you've put in a ton of research to make it happen legally. Those Arizona Cottage Food Laws can be a lifesaver for home bakers like us. Low carb/keto/gluten-free is a fantastic niche too, there's a huge demand for those baked goods!

Selling online through FB groups is a smart way to start building your customer base. Maybe down the line you can look into farmers market permits or renting a commercial kitchen space for a few days a month once your business takes off. But for now, focusing on online sales and perfecting your recipes sounds like a perfect plan.

Good luck with your new venture! I can't wait to see what delicious treats you come up with

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Congratulations!! That's a huge accomplishment and it sounds like you've put in a ton of research to make it happen legally. Those Arizona Cottage Food Laws can be a lifesaver for home bakers like us. Low carb/keto/gluten-free is a fantastic niche too, there's a huge demand for those baked goods!

Selling online through FB groups is a smart way to start building your customer base. Maybe down the line you can look into farmers market permits or renting a commercial kitchen space for a few days a month once your business takes off. But for now, focusing on online sales and perfecting your recipes sounds like a perfect plan.

Good luck with your new venture! I can't wait to see what delicious treats you come up with
Thank you Harold! ☺️

Edward.G

I have wanted for YEARS (at least 20) to get a license to sell baked goods out of my home. In Washington State, that’s very hard to do…..legally. I know quite a few who got caught without licenses, state inspections, permits who had to pay hefty fines. Some even jail time.
So, after we moved here to Arizona, I looked into their laws….

I am now proud to say that in the state of Arizona, I am legally able to sell low carb/keto/gluten free to the public out of my own kitchen ☺️. I can post on FB groups to take orders. I cannot however sell from booths like at Farmers Markets or in parking lots (darn it lol). Plus the experience I received working in a bakery this past year has taught me a lot!
Once our finances have settled from selling/buying our homes, moving expenses (that’s a nightmare story for another time!) I will begin getting set up with supplies. I’m so excited to venture into a new chapter of my life ❤️
Woot! Congrats! Love the keto focus & FB group idea. Good luck - can't wait to see your goodies!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you, Sharon for choosing the name I suggested.
I am truly honoured and am following you officially on the Facebook page
I wish you a whole lot of success in this venture ❤️
Do you ship orders? 😊
Best of luck!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I don't have it anymore. I had NO ONE come and buy anything. A huge food and financial loss. I deleted the website. I will ship if someone wants something