"Grandma Mangano's Anise Toast Cookies"

Embryodad

These cookies are addicting. I like the anise flavoring, but the wife and the kids like the vanilla flavor.
Grandma always had these in a large tin.

Grandma Mangano's Anise Toast Biscotti

3 cups sifted cake flour or Use All purpose flour for a more dense cookie.

2 tsps. baking powder

1/3 cup butter softened

3/4 cup sugar

4 eggs

1 Tbs. anise extract or ( vanilla ) ( actually use any flavor you like.)

Sift flour with baking powder. In a separate medium bowl, mix the sugar and butter till very light. Add eggs one at the time, and beat after each added. Add the anise / flavoring, and blend well; Add the flour mixture, and ( this is where I use a wooden spoon rather than the electric beater, )beat till blended together. Divide batter in half. On its each greased/floured baking sheet,( I use parchment paper too.) Add each half into a oval shape form about 12 inches long, and 4 inches wide. I use a 1/2 sheet pan for each . A trick is to wet your hands to handle the batter. It will be sticky. Bake at 350F pre-heated oven, 20 minutes to a light brown..... Next step is use a knife to cut 3/4 to 1 inch slices. Lay on their side, and bake another 10 minutes or so, till golden brown. Set the cookies on a cooling rack to cool completely.

E N J O Y !

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
These cookies are addicting. I like the anise flavoring, but the wife and the kids like the vanilla flavor.
Grandma always had these in a large tin.

Grandma Mangano's Anise Toast Biscotti

3 cups sifted cake flour or Use All purpose flour for a more dense cookie.

2 tsps. baking powder

1/3 cup butter softened

3/4 cup sugar

4 eggs

1 Tbs. anise extract or ( vanilla ) ( actually use any flavor you like.)

Sift flour with baking powder. In a separate medium bowl, mix the sugar and butter till very light. Add eggs one at the time, and beat after each added. Add the anise / flavoring, and blend well; Add the flour mixture, and ( this is where I use a wooden spoon rather than the electric beater, )beat till blended together. Divide batter in half. On its each greased/floured baking sheet,( I use parchment paper too.) Add each half into a oval shape form about 12 inches long, and 4 inches wide. I use a 1/2 sheet pan for each . A trick is to wet your hands to handle the batter. It will be sticky. Bake at 350F pre-heated oven, 20 minutes to a light brown..... Next step is use a knife to cut 3/4 to 1 inch slices. Lay on their side, and bake another 10 minutes or so, till golden brown. Set the cookies on a cooling rack to cool completely.

E N J O Y !
These sound so good!