1 dl sugar (0.6 cup)
1 egg
2 dl wheat flour (1 cup)
1 dl rye flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
(2 teaspoon vanilla sugar)
0,5 dl milk or cream

Make the filling first:
Put the filling ingredients to the boiler. Heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Allow to cool.

Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg. Mix the flour, baking powder and add to the mixture. Add milk (or cream). Pour into a greased baking dish. Pour cool lingonberry mixture on the dough.

Bake in the oven +200C/392 F, 20 to 30 minutes.

Note: Instead of the lingonberries, you can also use cranberries.

Last edited:

Saliha

Dough:
100 g butter
1 dl sugar (0.6 cup)
1 egg
2 dl wheat flour (1 cup)
1 dl rye flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
(2 teaspoon vanilla sugar)
0,5 dl milk or cream

Oops I made a little mistake with amount: use only 0,5 dl rye flour, not 1 dl.

:sorry:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've never even heard of lingonberries until you started posting about them here, Saliha!

Is the flavor similar to anything else I would know?

What a beautiful pie!

Lee

Saliha

Hmm... the nearest taste might be a cranberry. Not same but a little similar.

I recommend you to try if you find lingonberries from somewhere. But add some sugar - the taste is quite sour.

Lingonberries have been very popular berries here before as they contain pectin and their preservation is easy. The traditional way to preserve them has been just put berries to a large glass jar and add cold water, then keep them in cold over the winter.

:kiss:

Johnny West

Yes, I've heard them called low bush cranberries and have tried growing them myself with no luck. My currents are doing great through.

Do you make the berry pudding using lingonberries? I love it!

Johnny West

Yes, the berry whip. I had it in northern Germany and Sweden (1993) and even made it myself from a German package. I never think to make it again after all these years.

Your recipes look wonderful and will bookmark that page.

Johnny West

I haven´t tried pudding from lingonberry (but would like to try). We usually make sweet lingonberry or cranberry porridge like this one (Berry Whip) or Lingonberry Parfait:

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24155

It´s common here also use lingonberry jam or mashed lingonberries with foods contain liver (like liver casserole) or cabbage (like cabbage rolls).

Is kassler wild boar? The wild boar I had in Germany was excellent, the roast I bought here was pretty gamy and strong tasting. .... I was looking at your stew recipe.

Saliha

Now I have also a lingonberry whip:

eosYkpj.jpg

It´s yummy with cold milk.

:readytoeat:

Next I will start to make sea buckthorn-carrot jam, but it will deserves its own thread later.

;)