dinner, sunday, may 8th

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Mom should be here soon. we're late-lunching so i might not have dinner.

you guys?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Re: dinner, sunday, may 11th

Had a nice brunch with sonny boy after church, and am still feeling quite full.. so dinner (if there is much of anything) will come well into the evening.
Maybe just a sandwich or something.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mom is on the way.
We're having:
Italian Chicken cooked out on the grill.
Summer Broccoli salad
cucumber salad
baked potatoes
doctored baked beans
home made rolls
ice tea
and (as if we need it)
Angel food cake.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We did Cracker Barrel (out Rt. 78 in Clinton a bit of a long way but a nice ride) for brunch. So dinner will be later. I still haven't broken down that whole pork loin. Expiration date is May 20 so I am not concerned yet. I picked up some country ham steaks from CB so maybe ham, mashed taters and fresh steamed spinach. I LOVE CB counrty ham!! Just the right smoke and salt for me.

Mr. Green Jeans

MIL's request was for stuffed peppers. I took a little twist with the standard recipe and used fajita seasoning with the meat and rice. Oatmeal raspberrry bars for dessert.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DSCF2915.jpg

There, I fixed it for you. Nice meal.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW is out with "the girls" to see a Little Theater production of Nunsense (DS bought the tickets for 5 of them to see it), and will be back around dinner time. I have a brined chicken and two extra breasts on the smoker grill, and we'll have corn on the cob, pan fried redskins with Italian seasoning and fresh steamed broccoli. DD & SIL brought Alexa for us to play with and a pan of brownies for dessert. The weather is sunny & beautiful for a change. Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's on NCT.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

mhend

I've got a roast in the oven and will be making macaroni and cheese to go with it. Not sure what the other side will be. Homemade Strawberry Shortcakes for dessert.

Norm

My son and his GF asked me to start a blog a few months ago because they'd ask me about something I'd made it the past and I would not remember what I did.

So for what it's worth, anyone who wants to see the meals I have made in the past few months and the recipes to go with them, here is the link.

http://normmatthews.blogspot.com/

K

Kimchee

Never got around to cooking last night, so TONIGHT is
Morrocan-ish grilled chicken (marinated in yogurt), gobi alloo
cauliflower and taters, and a salad.

probably ;)

Guts

My son and his GF asked me to start a blog a few months ago because they'd ask me about something I'd made it the past and I would not remember what I did.

So for what it's worth, anyone who wants to see the meals I have made in the past few months and the recipes to go with them, here is the link.

very nice blog. Norm. I also like the one you follow that skinny chicken bake fantastic. Thanks for posting this to very enjoyable blogs good work

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
zuppa! (clams in a redsauce. the sauce was great- a hint of spice, very zesty w/ plenty of good, chunky tomato) & some good fresh bread for sopping. mmmmm.......

my Mom got a pittsburgh salad w/ chix on it & clam chowder.
we shared a crabcake appy. i really liked that place~

we went here: http://www.rolandsseafoodgrill.com/page4.html

Attachments

• downsized_0508111456.jpg
    downsized_0508111456.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 113
  • downsized_0508111458.jpg
    downsized_0508111458.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

cookingirl

I believe that is Norm's pix!
Went to church, then had breakfast at home with my dad. went tp florist, then cemetery and then I picked up, did some laundry and cooked supper.
Easy but delish---homemade tomato sauce with Italian sausages...
one can crushed tomato, one can whole, which I smooshed with my hand, some tomato paste, oregano, parsley, celery flakes, sweated onions, garlic, s&p, and a carrot added to reduce the acidity....no sugar....sausage cut into bite sized pieces, and simmered for 2 hours---- yum!

Mr. Green Jeans

CG, back when I traveled western PA, I always stopped at a place that served an Italian sausage sammie in a sauce like yours that also had sliced peppers and onion in it.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pan fried Cracker Barrel country ham, steamed fresh spinach and mashed skins on red and Yukon potatoes (butter, sour cream, and buttermilk, ground sea salt & ground peppercorns).

050811_ham_spinach.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We did Cracker Barrel (out Rt. 78 in Clinton a bit of a long way but a nice ride) for brunch.

We went to Cracker Barrel too except it was a few hundred miles from the one that you went to :lol:

Beautiful dinner and nice looking Blog Norm. Maybe you could put the link to your blog in your signature so we'll all have it for future reference.

Looks like you were really enjoying that Luvs!

Peepers, I love their country ham too! I tried the multi-grain granola pancakes but had blackberry topping instead of the honey or syrup. Eggs over-medium (they got it right with NO brown) and bacon. Everything was cooked perfectly. I've got to find out how they made those pancakes, they were awesome! What did you have?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We went to Cracker Barrel too except it was a few hundred miles from the one that you went to :lol:
Peepers, I love their country ham too! I tried the multi-grain granola pancakes but had blackberry topping instead of the honey or syrup. Eggs over-medium (they got it right with NO brown) and bacon. Everything was cooked perfectly. I've got to find out how they made those pancakes, they were awesome! What did you have?
ROTFL!!

Nicely brown country ham, grits, 2 eggs over (NO BROWN!! LOL), a biscuit and fresh brewed peach tea (they make it with Splenda).

mhend

We had roast with balsamic glazed onions and cherry tomatoes, and mac and cheese. I didn't get pics of dinner, but I did get some of dessert: strawberry shortcake. :)

DSC_0010.jpg