Deep-frying pork loin and beef tenderloin

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm taking my turkey frying stuff to a friend's house this weekend, and we're going to try deep-frying a 3 lb. chunk of pork loin and a 3 lb. chunk of beef tenderloin (the beef first).

I'm going to inject the pork with some sort of cajun marinade, and rub with Tony Cachere's.

Probably just salt, pepper and garlic powder on the beef.

I'd like the pork to be 140 when I pull it out of the oil. I'd like the beef to be 125.

Does anyone have ANY idea how many minutes I should fry these things?
Think I should keep a probe thermometer in the meats?

TIA!
Lee

K

Kimchee

Carnitas! Guy Fieri just did these on Guy's Big Bite.
He cooked a good size chunk of pork butt at around 200-250 in lard for about an
hour, I think it was.
Dunno about the beef. I think I'd marinate both of them for a good long time first.
Please report your results, because I have been contemplating trying this too!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, we did a deep-frying marathon yesterday.

In addition to the pork loin and beef tenderloin, we fried a bunch of chicken wings, and some potatoes (white and sweet) and onion chunks.

Although everything turned out great (thanks to three thermometers), I believe it really is not worth the effort to deep-fry pork roasts or beef roasts. They turn out just as well, if not better, in the oven.

Poultry, however, IS wonderful in the fryer, as are the potatoes and onions. Still, it's a lot of oil, a lot of propane, and a lot of clean-up.

It was fun to do once. That's it.

Lee

Attachments

• 10 Wings ready to cook.JPG
    10 Wings ready to cook.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 8,956
  • 13 Fried wings.JPG
    13 Fried wings.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 9,000
  • 14 Fryer set up.JPG
    14 Fryer set up.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 9,001
  • 17 Fried beef tenderloin.JPG
    17 Fried beef tenderloin.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 8,987
  • 19 Fried pork loin.JPG
    19 Fried pork loin.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 8,937
  • 20 Fried potatoes and onions.JPG
    20 Fried potatoes and onions.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 8,817
  • 21 Sliced pork loin.JPG
    21 Sliced pork loin.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 8,655
  • 22 Pork loin platter.JPG
    22 Pork loin platter.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 8,558
  • 23 Sliced beef tenderloin.JPG
    23 Sliced beef tenderloin.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 8,548
  • 24 Beef tenderloin platter.JPG
    24 Beef tenderloin platter.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 8,417
  • 25 My plate.JPG
    25 My plate.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 8,383

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Although everything turned out great (thanks to three thermometers), I believe it really is not worth the effort to deep-fry pork roasts or beef roasts. They turn out just as well, if not better, in the oven.

Poultry, however, IS wonderful in the fryer, as are the potatoes and onions. Still, it's a lot of oil, a lot of propane, and a lot of clean-up.

Everything looks great, Lee! :weber:

I'm glad you shared your impressions of the beef and pork. I've often thought about buying a large fryer like yous, but didn't know if it would be good for anything besides a turkey.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Everything looks great, Lee! :weber:

I'm glad you shared your impressions of the beef and pork. I've often thought about buying a large fryer like yous, but didn't know if it would be good for anything besides a turkey.

Thanks, SS!

The Italians around here use them to process cans of tomatoes and tomato sauce.

Others use them for crab, crawfish or clam boils for crowds.

I'll probably hold onto my set-up for one of those boils. Once. :biggrin:

Lee

Guts

looks good Lee I heard there. A lot of clean up. But you're doing it outside on a rock bed how much clean up. Could there be I guess you are referring to the aluminum pot and the storage of oil. As far as these cookers go. I've been doing some research on super burners, natural gas and propane. What I want is an out door wok. And I've looked at the ones made by King coker and Eastman outdoor with the Eastman outdoor 22 inch wok kit being the best that I've found so far. The reason I say that is the adjustable leg burner model 90410 being a very nice looking unit. I just don't want to pay $160 for an outdoor wok. If I'm going to spend that kind of money I'm going to get a real wok burner. I'm looking into those now and my make my decision tomorrow. These burners burn super super hot, but work on the same principle as your turkey fryer burner which I had thought about getting a turkey fryer burner and attaching an wok ring to use as an outdoor wok. boy I sure went off topic here. I'm sorry.

Last edited: