Cracker Barrel 🐷

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Oh my. Our realtor who helped us buy our home gave us a gift card for Cracker Barrel. We've never been to one before so we decided to use it for breakfast this morning.
I had to search through 4 pages of the breakfast menu to find something a diabetic could eat.
Everything was pancakes, french toast, biscuits and gravy, hash brown casserole.
No omelets, no scrambles. I finally had to order ala carte. PXL_20240723_162851358.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Man, I haven't been to Cracker Barrel in years.
Last few times I ate there, I got sick.
I got the Eggs Benedict and I think their country fried steak.
Love the country store though, I always spent a bundle Lol

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I haven't been there in years, either. Last time, the food was loaded with fat, carbs, and salt.

I've been reading that their business is falling off in most areas 9f the country. They are planning a major overall to make it more "relevant". I can't see it happening. The whole concept is terribly unhealthy.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I haven't been there in years, either. Last time, the food was loaded with fat, carbs, and salt.

I've been reading that their business is falling off in most areas 9f the country. They are planning a major overall to make it more "relevant". I can't see it happening. The whole concept is terribly unhealthy.
My point exactly. Reading the menu made my skin crawl. When we arrived and I stepped out of the car immediately I said “I smell nothing but sugar and frying oil” and we were at the far end of the parking lot!