COVID-19

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hats off to my brothers and sisters at St V!!
20201215_175431.jpg
Stv1_1608072808189.jpg
Stv2_1608072813538.jpg
Stv3_1608072818259.jpg
Stv4_1608072823067.jpg
Stv5_1608072829810.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It looks to me like there are some good things on the horizon. It looks like the Moderna vaccine is just about to be approved by the FDA for distribution, not final yet though. The good thing about the moderna vaccine vs the pfizer vaccine is that it doesn't require such low temp's for storage/shipping. That should make shipping easier for carriers and storage easier for the hospitals and LTC facilities. I'm hoping that helps with faster distribution.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I received my official papers today to get the vaccine.
Actually a bundle of paperwork.
I posted them on Doc's other forum.
I'll retrieve them and post here.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I watched parts of Dr. Ed again today. All I really learned is that if you take the pfizer vaccine first, you should have the second dose from pfizer too. You shouldn't switch between vaccines between first and second doses. That's just what he said.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm going to give a great big kudos to Walgreen's for stepping up and helping administer the covid vaccines. I've been thinking about switching my prescription to them because they have a drive-thru. I'm definitely doing it now.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to give a great big kudos to Walgreen's for stepping up and helping administer the covid vaccines. I've been thinking about switching my prescription to them because they have a drive-thru. I'm definitely doing it now.
Walgreens immunization clinic will be in our facility next Tuesday.
I was thinking it was this week, but just confirmed with my ADON.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Walgreens immunization clinic will be in our facility next Tuesday.
I was thinking it was this week, but just confirmed with my ADON.
I don't know what an ADON is. It sounds like the vaccines for your facility got pushed back a week. I guess they're trying to do the best they can... don't have it, can't give it . We need all the help from everyone that we can get right now. I'm just glad that Walgreens, possibly CVS too, has stepped up. We just all need to pull together right now....everybody doing their part.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I don't know what an ADON is. It sounds like the vaccines for your facility got pushed back a week. I guess they're trying to do the best they can... don't have it, can't give it . We need all the help from everyone that we can get right now. I'm just glad that Walgreens, possibly CVS too, has stepped up. We just all need to pull together right now....everybody doing their part.
Assistant director of nursing.

Yup, everyone doing their part. ?

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Our DON had her picture taken today for our Facebook page.
Lots of area facilities are doing this showing department heads getting the vaccine.

As you can see, she's no stranger to having needles in her arm.
?

20201229_183111.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I see that they are now considering splitting the vaccine (think they're talking about the Moderna vaccine) into 2 doses instead of 1 dose in order to get more people vaccinated...good move, bad move??? Things are not really moving at warp speed. Hopefully distribution will pick up quickly.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think it would be better to do "one and done". THAT would get more people vaccinated in less time. If a booster is needed later that would be better than being half protected. We know a lot of people won't want to go back a second time (and won't be completely protected which I think would cause more issues with maybe a mutated strain of the virus that will be immune to the vaccine) or will forget to get the second shot.

Saliha

Bad news from here. At this week covid-19 conquered that ward I am working. Majority of nurses have infected (23 out of 30 at this time), also most of patients are seriously ill. O oh what a situation in here. But luckily, my test results have been negative so far.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh my goodness, Saliha!

Sending positive energies and healthy strengths to you and your colleagues!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Bad news from here. At this week covid-19 conquered that ward I am working. Majority of nurses have infected (23 out of 30 at this time), also most of patients are seriously ill. O oh what a situation in here. But luckily, my test results have been negative so far.
Stay strong Saliha!

Saliha

Hi all!

I got finally my the first dose of covid-19 vaccine earlier this week. Situation in my ward is still worsening; more infections, more deaths and more nurses have became ill. I am ok, at least at this moment. Now I´ll have free weekend and I am planning to take some rest (and sleep a lot).

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hi all!

I got finally my the first dose of covid-19 vaccine earlier this week. Situation in my ward is still worsening; more infections, more deaths and more nurses have became ill. I am ok, at least at this moment. Now I´ll have free weekend and I am planning to take some rest (and sleep a lot).
Hang in there!
?❤

Saliha

After reading from newspaper about this covid-19 situation, many local people here have been very encouraging for us: they have sent to our ward cakes and cookies and greeting cards and also a huge bag of hand-knitted socks. :wub: